Fly Fishing Forum banner

Last voyage...Where too?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  steelheadmike 
#1 ·
Want to head out this weekend on one of, if not the last voyage. I am looking for suggestions on where I should go. I am thinking of RI. I have never fish down there and don't know the ramps or waters. Would love to try and find the bass. Got any suggestions on times and places? Anybody interested in coming?

#2 ·
Barn Island Ramp

Craig,

I have heard from a lot of guys that Barn Island is one of the better ramps as far as location and ease of use. I launched there with Striper last year and there was a lot of good water right off the ramp. I will definitely be fishing this weekend but would not be too much help with on the water navigation having only been out a few times. I would love to go though if you don't get a better offer.

Sean

#3 ·
It's a ride but the tales of the fabled Montauk Point sure got my blood racing recently... then again I don't think you could beat the bayside on the cape with all those fish streaming down toward the canal and some taking the extra inning on Brewster Flats where peabunker are shoaled up... Ptown has been out of control recently, not sure if that's still on but I heard about the 53 pounder a couple days ago... South side of the cape should be a highway for migrants and there have been adult bunker and 40" fish hanging with them from the corner to various river mouths, an easy seek and destroy mission with big pogies and their characteristic behavior... I wonder what Monomoy Point looks like in the heat of fall migration?... Searching around the coves and beaches near Cape Ann to Nahant should result in very tired arms and striper thumb amongst the most beautiful scenery anywhere... and then, yes there is Rhody and the reefs off Napatree / Stonington / Fishers which just have to be a chovy fest by now.

So many choices! I hope you hit the jackpot.

#4 ·
Barn

Barn Island and then run to Watchill, Napatree ( get there before sun up ;) ) then take a pass through Fishers Sound down to New London.

Albies and Zillions of Big Blues in Watchill Rip. Stripers @ Nappy up on the beach early early morning 5-8am. Albies and Blues throughout Fishers and Gorilla Blues around New London.

If ya have enough gas take a Peek down @ Millstone Power Plant... usually something going on there... The Alberts loooooooove that spot :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.