Go Sox! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Go Sox!

fliboy
10-16-2003, 04:40 AM
This is going to be the year! What better match up then Pedro and Clemmens.

Let's hear everyone chant - LET'S GO RED SOX!

juro
10-16-2003, 05:43 AM
That was amazing. I am ready to believe but although I have my fingers crossed I don't want to jinx it.

Gotta hand it to the bombers too, what a perennial gang of hard cores. Fantastic series, the best of baseball, the worst of baseball the other day as well, but despite such moments it's a contest worthy of champions and no one could come out of this a loser even though either fan base will crucify the one who does not come out statistically on top.

On to game #7... what a series!

Adrian
10-16-2003, 11:36 PM
What a game!

I arrived home to see the bombers down 4-1 and Pedro looking unstoppable. Things sure can happen fast in this game!

Chris
10-17-2003, 09:10 AM
And then there was Grady!! I can see letting Pedro continue, but to leave him in with two on and Matsui coming up- What was he thinking!! The pen has been on fire he should have given Pedro the hook and the win....

juro
10-17-2003, 09:57 AM
No doubt about that, I felt they could've enjoyed a lot more pride among the whole team from the win then any one player's pride could ever justify in preserving.

But I hope the city celebrates how far this tough gang of gritty, never-say-die warriors got this season, most cities didn't have the honor and privilege of having a group like these guys digging it out for pride of ol' Beantown.

Thank you Red Sox, you are "the balls".

striblue
10-17-2003, 11:29 AM
People keep saying it was a mistake in keeping Pedro in so long...My feeling was that the real mistake was putting Wakefield in... he is a great starter... but his Knuckleball does go south on him... and the team can handle a couple homers early in a game... to put him in with the Yanks last up and the unpredicability of that Knuckleball... My fear was that someone would homer against him and the knuck turned into a meatball that evem Boone could hit.I would have kept Timlin in for an extra inning and then go to Wakefield as a last resort...

steelheadmike
10-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Its a shame...... :devil: :hehe:

Penguin
10-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Would'aCould'aShould'a...from the fans...

The Boston announcers drive me...
:eyecrazy: CRAZY :eyecrazy:

I heard the "owners" are considering moving/selling the team to the Phillipines...
The new name will be the Manilla Folders!:rolleyes:

jfbasser
10-18-2003, 07:04 AM
Belly Up:D

Stan
10-18-2003, 08:03 AM
THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO LIVES ON!!!!

If you didn't believe in curses before I'm sure you do now. I feel bad for you RED SOX fans. Everytime it looks like they are going to win they always find a way to lose.

striblue
10-18-2003, 10:10 AM
No need to feel bad.. we have the Pat's, Celts and Bruins.... and the Pat's are having their usual year against NY teams.;)