Fly Fishing Forum banner

Mother Nature deal me a bad card.

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  BigDave 
#1 ·
Well being a weekend angler there is so much water to cover an so little time to fish. Decided at the last minute to join a good friend who had a cottage rented in Rhody. When I arrived there on Sat. the 11 I noticed that the wind was a little strong. That's right , the wind was blowing at least 30 knots!!
Mother Nature dealt me the wind card. Even the spin guys were having trouble casting. We tried all the usual tricks of fishing in the lee ect. to no avail. The only consolation is that we watched the Sox and Yankee War on TV. Oh and of course my friend told me of an epic blitz on Thursday where the beaches were loaded with Blitzing Bass. Should have been here yesterday!!! And so it goes my friends when your a weekend angler with very little time. Some day I'll hit it just right. When I do I'll pig out.
FishHawk:(

#3 ·
Three day weekends not much better

Canal East End Beaches were very good all week till the East Wind put a clamp on them for the three day weekend. Lucky to have a jig and the ditch nearby to take out the frustration:D

#5 ·
Went to the breachway FRi. night after work and fished for bass till dawn then out to the end to await the anticipated FA, Home by 11 with not even a hit! Sunday was just a washout, went to the Den and met up with JF.Late Sun. night I ran up to the Canal to a few spots that are usually guarrantees, fished till dawn again for 0. The truck is now emptied of fly gear and been replaced with camo and a compound, went to Boaters world this afternoon and bought fogging oil. For me I guess the fat lady has sung, and she did it lousey!
Slinger

#6 ·
Same here. Launched out of barn Island at o'dark thirty and were greeted by 6-8 foot rollers and a howling easterly. After an hour of getting pounded, we took out and moved to Naragansset bay which was the same once you got outside.

Half a tank of gas and all we saw all day was one blitz of snapper blues. Not a hardtail to be seen.

There's always next week, I guess....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.