Attn. mjyp [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Attn. mjyp

twohand
10-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Noticed your located in nw Indiana, and I'm guessing you know the Joe quite well. I'm wondering if you can answer a few questions for me on where we could possibly tie into a few heads this weekend on the joe. Here's the deal,we are looking for water that we can use two handed rods and swing flies but from what I've seen below berrien springs the river isn't very friendly to this sort of fishing! We are thinking of trying the mishawaka area any thoughts?????? I'd appreciate any help if you can! Please e-mail me at stlhead@comcast.net.
Thanks,
Dustin

removed_by_request
10-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Only fished the Joe a couple of times. It is mostly a boaters river and not a waders.

You can try below the dams located in Michigan and Indiana.

Be aware that they crowd up with shore fishermen during the "runs".

If you want a better stream experience go a little further north and try the Mo, PM or White.

There are some small feeder creeks in NW Indiana that hold fish but, they are snaggy and not very fly fishing friendly.

twohand
10-10-2003, 02:56 PM
We fish the Mo at least once a week, and also fish the other rivers you mentioned on a regular basis, we were just looking to try out some new water. Thanks for the help I appreciate the response!
Dustin