Fly Fishing Forum banner

North Shore 9/7 PM

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Fish still around bubbling and gurgling towards dark last night. Missed a few fish in a boiling melee and finally decided to set the hook hard with a strip and a pull. Unfortunately, whatever was hooked on the other end decided to pull back and with some serious force. This is how it ended and is all I have left from the battle...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It snapped right above the label. Clean off. The Fish kept running, the running line got trapped and eventually the fish broke my 20lb tippet. :eyecrazy: The top section is still out there somewhere!

#10 ·
Takes a broken rod and a chance to razzz me to get him out of silence!

#11 ·
Sounds like a good time. I see it's a Reddington, your lucky to have the label portion of the blank. I've broken a rod :rolleyes: or three and I can tell you Reddingtons policy is you just need to mail them the portion of the blank with the model number and trademark on it. I would think if you were missing some of the label they would still take care of you.

#12 ·
Yeah, I did read their new policy on the web though. It states you need to send the whole thing in. I called customer service and they said no problem just right a note describing what happened, and we'll take care of you.

Good service!

Nick

#13 ·
I don't like to talk about this but I recently hooked a smaller seal on the Atlantis rod. It ate a deep eel, second time it's happened but the first time it was on my rplxi :eyecrazy:

Here's the rub... I actually turned it before I popped the tipppet! :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.