Fly Fishing Forum banner

How Bout That Game!

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Slinger 
#1 ·
Down by 21 with 4 minutes to go and the Colts come back and beat Tampa Bay! Unbelievable!

#2 ·
I thought you'd be talking about the Sox....I don't know who the MVP of that game was, Manny for finally producing when it really counted or Lowe for getting out of the 9th inning without giving up any runs.

There really wasn't a bad game in that entire series.

#4 ·
I finally could not take it... the whole series was a cliff hanger... when Lowe came in...I had to go to the kitchen and my son shouted the results of each pitch to me. 68, 75. 86... .. those were the final past series... but I just could not watch for the first time. After, I went back to continue the book ,"Triumph And Tragedy in Mudville", by Stephen Jay Gould. I wish he were alive to see another Yank Sox series and hopefully, going forward , this will be the real last chapter for the Sox in the coming weeks. The Sox last won in 1918 and beat the Cubs... If they make the series and face the Cubs and win....well that would be a great ending. I am sure Chicago is thinking the same for their team.

#5 ·
Actually, I was watching the sox. In the ninth I thought about waking my wife in case the old ticker ran away on me and I needed to make the trip to the er. Those two third strike pitches by Lowe were absolutely extrodinary.

#8 ·
Mark ..those were sliders I think... The bueaty of those two strike out pitches is that they head right at the batter and then quickly broke away at the last minute over the plate. the batters were sure they would be balls on the inside... A right handed hitter could of popped those.

#11 ·
Now it`s even. I had trouble finding a few people to bet on the Sox this year but after spotting them a game they got a little braver. You know what I call Sox betters? IRA, because every year it`s like making a little deposit towards retirement. Comeon Rocket!
Slinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.