Knowledge meister? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Knowledge meister?

juro
01-14-2001, 04:27 PM
I was really excited to see John Shannon's glossary but have not heard back from inquiries about new items to add, etc. I guess we'll just have to build our own.

I will build the glossary page but we would need a volunteer to provide the human element between on-line submissions and publishing of the definition. In other words, someone to review items before letting them be added to the glossary "officially". A glossary editor of sorts. Taking turns might be a good option to spread the load out.

Any interest?

juro
01-15-2001, 06:31 PM
Going once...

Due to a seeming lack of interest in this project, I move to scrap the idea until such time that we can raise a sponsor to approve submissions before they are allowed into the glossary. Another option would be to allow people to add entries themselves without an audit process...
Thoughts?

Hawkeye
01-15-2001, 07:21 PM
Juro,

I'll take a shot at it after the mission development is finished. I think it could be a great resource for beginners and hook members when they are new to the sport.

juro
01-15-2001, 07:26 PM
Great! Not that this is a reason for you to do it but there will be a gear-reward system in place once the funding picture gets more clear. A year of knowledge-meistering should be worth some gear points for sure. This could be another thing we discuss after the mission exercise - goals and objectives. Yup, I guess I do this stuff at work too! http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

My part will be to work on the webtools, or perhaps this is the right project to start with MattB...