Fly Fishing Forum banner

10/01/03 Montauk Albies

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Headed over to Montauk this morning as I heard that it was on fire on Tues. Took my longtime fishin' buddy Al with me and we arrived on station at around 7:00 am. Started hitting fish around 8:00 am. and it was pretty much non-stop for the rest of the day. We ended up with 37 Albies hooked and 31 of them landed. Al had a bad equipment day as he broke his flyrod and then shortly after that broke one of mine that I gave him to use. Just got that damn rod back from Orvis too:( . Headed back tomorrow with a couple of friends from NJ and hopefully the wind will be gentle and manageable. Crowds were very tolerable today with the fish spread out over a wide area and the cluster effect was down to a minimum. Alot of fish caught today seemed like someone was always hooked up whenever you looked around.

Mike M.

#2 ·
Hi Mike,

A great day out indeed, not surprising the gear took a beating with that much action. Sometimes our little fishing outings can get alittle more expensive than we might ike to admit. Glad to hear you got into them big time.

Tight lines,
Greg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.