Membership by State/Country [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Membership by State/Country

DFix
10-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Is it at all possible to calculate membership of this website as the title implies? - some of you will recognize the tranparent reasoning behind this, but please respond. Maybe even Admin could compile the number sets and put them up? - Thanks.

Robert Burton
10-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada!:D

Sprocket
10-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Mass resident

Dble Haul
10-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Connecticut, USA

Willie Gunn
10-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Banff Scotland

striblue
10-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Winchester and Chatham ..MA.

BigDave
10-01-2003, 03:22 PM
Medford, MA....which is properly pronounced "Mefa"

Right next to "Winchestah" :D

FrenchCreek
10-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Calgary Alberta Canada

FredA
10-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Raynham and So. Dennis MA.

flyfisha1
10-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Bronx County, Bronx, NY

G Ritchie
10-01-2003, 04:29 PM
Fraserburgh, North-east coast of Scotland.

Adrian
10-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Connecticut USA (formerly UK)

fredaevans
10-01-2003, 04:59 PM
"Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada. Small world; I was born/early years in Winnipeg.
fae

SDHflyfisher
10-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Wisconsin USA

Quentin
10-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Massachusetts, USA

Q

striblue
10-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Dave, for some reason I just don't think this type of process will get you meaninful results... It just will not pick up a majority of the members... I am not even sure a poll will also.

Dble Haul
10-02-2003, 09:23 AM
Well then, I'll make it sticky for a while and see how we do over a given period of time. Maybe we can catch some folks this way who only pop in once in a while.

DFix
10-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Ming, The Mayor's spot-on; maybe even a poll wouldn't do it.

To eliminate transparency: the question was designed to determine Massachusetts membership, though it was very vague in scope; more interestingly, to discover the 'strength in numbers' potential for a show of concern over recent developments in the massachusetts fish and game world :mad:

Thanks to anyone who shares their concern for the above.

John Desjardins
10-02-2003, 10:01 AM
Good reason for the data request Dave. Worcester County, MA

BigDave
10-02-2003, 10:12 AM
I'm concerned:mad:

DFix
10-02-2003, 10:55 AM
About what, Dave. All the question geared itself to was a potential to put together a collective dissatisfied voice regarding recent undertakings in Massachusetts. There is no mandatory participation required.

I just read and digested what I answered. Dave, does your post mean you're"concerned" about the circumstances, or about what I solicited?

BigDave
10-02-2003, 11:15 AM
Sorry to be vague. Sometimes I forget the demographic of this board reaches far beyond Massachussetts borders.

Concerned about exactly what you just mentioned, Dave. The recent developments in MA and Romney's attempt to usurp the Fish and Wildlife funds created by people like you and me buying fishing and hunting licences every year to go to the general fund which we have already paid into. The closing of the Montague and Sandwich hatcheries. The realization that there will be 25% less trout in our waters which will overcrowd those which are already badly overcrowded. No new land aquisition for public usage. Less enforcement of regulations than currently exist (if possible) and less studies revealing the health and general state of affairs of our natural resources here in the commonwealth.

Not to mention the gag rule and general tactic of slipping it under the radar which I find underhanded and arrogant.

If you're thinking of organizing something count me in.

Not sure what the mandatory participation comment implies...

capt_gordon
10-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Beaufort, NC. Carteret County

BCOrchidGuy
10-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Burnaby BC Canada...

Big Dave, I've always wondered how quickly the Gov't would perk up it's collective ears if the sports fishermen/person (sorry ladies) would all band together and refuse to buy our annual license. I'd say that with in a couple of weeks they would be willing to listen. Here our annual license with our salmon and steelhead tags cost about $50 I've heard they sell about 2 million licenses a year... I'd say they would get the "we aren't pleased" hint.

Doug

DFix
10-07-2003, 09:58 AM
From what I'm being told and have read, this may become a hotter potato than originally expected at the legislative level.

Doug's "what if" idea would certainly turn heads, but when gas prices skyrocketed and the same type of thing was suggested for one day, if fell far short of 'best of intentions by the concerned public' - but wouldn't it work in this instance, if the legislature could see a screeching halt to any influx of now non-designated fees.

BCOrchidGuy
10-07-2003, 06:36 PM
In an ideal world we could get everyone to jump on the band wagon but, the chances of that happening are slim to none. I wonder if we could get people to hold off on buying their licenses for 30 days.... wonder if that's doable.... oh well

Doug

JDJones
10-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Hold off buying gasoline won't work. They know you gotta buy it sooner or later, no matter the price. Well at least on the west coast where we are more dependant on the automobile.

I would think though, that in a state the size of Ma, it would be relatively easy to convince the polititions that if they don't do right with fish & game, you ( meaning a large organized group) will simply take your sport, read dollars, out of state.

That should get their attention.:devil:

><///('>
JD

Andy Wren
10-19-2003, 07:40 AM
London UK ,:smokin:
Home of the rightful rulers of North America:D

Tony Petrella
10-19-2003, 08:16 AM
Winter in Venice, FL. Remainder in Northern Michigan (Gaylord)

Capt. Tony Petrella

JDJones
10-19-2003, 11:51 AM
London UK ,
Home of the rightful rulers of North America

As I recall, the Brits were trying to take North America from the Frogs, who were trying to take it from the Indians.:eyecrazy:

Andy Wren
10-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Well I thought I,d get at least one rise to that statement .

yaffle
10-19-2003, 07:51 PM
Thunderbay, northwestern Ontario, Canada, home of the giant brook trout, which isn't very well protected. We have lots of great wild trout water here, but a huge noticable lack of fisheries management, mostly law enforcement. I really don't know where our liceance fee money ends up, except in stocking programs, in lakes for put/grow/take trout only. This while we watch our wild trout populations continue to decline. The stocked lakes should have the a positive effect on the wild trout fishery, but our rivers and lakes are not crowded at all, just a lack of law enforcement and poarchers who are all to aware of the fact.

All the best to the guys from Mass. -Yaf (Grant Ings)

fredaevans
10-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Andy Wren

I thought I'd let this one pass ... but I see Jimmie Jumped.:hehe:

Good on you from a 'former Colonial.' Just think were England would be if King George hadn't put on the 'tea tax.'
fae

SDHflyfisher
10-19-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Andy Wren

i am not even going to say what i want to say but i will say that i am proud to be an AMERICAN!!!:devil:

jcc_00
10-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Norfolk and Westport, MA