Fly Fishing Forum banner

Tons of Fish in...

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  JimW 
#1 ·
I don't usually post this type of report for fear of being swarmed by lurkers. I will not be specific but Plymouth/Duxbury/Kingston has some great fishinging right now. There's no secrets here, it's Fall and I'll be it's busting wide open everywhere.
Get out there in a Yak, walk the beach, go rock hopping on a jetty but get out there.
I suggest contacting one of the guide/sponsors in your area. These guys are OTW much more than most of us and know where the action is likely to occur, what to use, how to fish it, etc.... A new reel or rod might even help you catch more fish by helping you cast further or apply more drag. A trip with a good guide won't break or get lost, it's a memory that you will look back on, drawing on the lessons learned for years to come.

Check out the Sponsors of the Forum, you will find many guides in your area. If you enjoy this site, you can thank them for paying the bills with your patronage.

A few hours on the water this time of year can be better than 10 trips at other times of the year.

Pssst - Word on the street is Mike Johnson at Old Salt in Hingham had a banner day last week with 5 BBFT on one charter.

All promos and Ads aside,

The fishing is H O T ! ! !

See less See more
#4 ·
Fish have been nuts for some time now, I recently discovered a pattern that I'd overlooked last year and that got me to thinking about a few trips I've had with guides and the fact that I still draw on a comment they made or a technique demonstrated. Sort of a Du-Ja-Ve I had been there before but never realized it until now.:confused:

I remember fishing with Capt. Ray and one of the things he showed me was so simple yet I may have never thought of it. Sworn to secrecy though.

:cool:

#5 ·
Terry, I sent them North out of Plymouth but they bounced off Duxbury and ended up back here.:D

Got the wife and kids out over the weekend. Off we go into a light fog, which becomes a dense fog so we get out of the traffic zones onto the edge of a flat. As the patchy fog gives way to sunshine and haze there is yet another bunch of bass rolling on top, not a bird or boat on 'em.

#6 ·
Out with Chuck in ~ 50' of water, drifting, looking for birds and the water for 50yds in all directions explodes into a melee of 8lb blues, bait spraying, fish slapping. Sometimes there are so many fish it sounds like someone lit a brick of firecrackers.

#8 ·
Juro, and company, You talk about pictures. A friend, who belongs to RIMS with me showed me some great pictures he took of bass and blues in a frenzy. He had a dozen pictures of 4 to 6 fish air bound at the same time. I don't know how he does it. Everytime I put down the rod to take pictures, about all I get is a ripple in the water.:rolleyes: I think I am going fishing tomorrow.

#9 ·
I've got one of those disposable cameras with boneclave and Plymouth pics, got to get it developed. How about someone with a digital camera makes a quick trip with me tomorrow AM. I plan on being in the water ~5:45. I saw a post on another board claiming 20-30#r's rolling around out there 9/29 so I think the weekend will be a mad house. Friday morning is a possibility but the weather looks like crap.

Wed - 5:45am until 9ish
Plymouth Ramp
Digi cam or not
Any takers?

#15 ·
The fish Gods smiled on us today, I fished 6am-6pm and am too tired to post much, but it was unbelievable.

If the pics come out we'll share images from the MegaBlitz of Oct. 1, 2003.

Docking was even a pleasurable experience.;)

Remember if anyone asks:
There are no fish in Plymouth.
There never were any fish in Plymouth, Nor will there be any fish in Plymouth.......Tomorrow :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.