UPDATE- Rip Trip- - 9/26 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: UPDATE- Rip Trip- - 9/26

striblue
09-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Good news... If we can not get to the south point because of weather.. I just spoke to Ed and Keith could get us to the North point of South Monomoy... that would be great since that would give us the ability to fish anywhere down there.

JimW
09-26-2003, 01:10 PM
That may actually work out better considering the tide, no? I remember a lot of nice beach as we approached the North point on the last trudge.

Chris
09-26-2003, 01:10 PM
John,
I PM'd you in case Keith cancels themain trip. The e-mail has my cell #. Could you give me a shout sometime this afternoon with any updates on the trip as I won't have internet. Also need to know what time to meat. We will be at thelight 1st light.

juro
09-26-2003, 01:18 PM
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

I like! I LIKE!!

Each charter I've had since the bunker arrived the week of August 9th, I've watched in the distance as the blitzes occurred around the inlet, primarily on the west shore.

Thru the summer months, the crib was quieter than other years and having explored on people's boats a few times I believe the reason is the improvement of habitat for the fish on the north tip of South Monomoy verses the south side of NM. It would be fantastic to fish the north tip of SM right now although the fish are into a bait trap mentality.

Sure I'd like to do the classic rip trip with bunker in the current and migration starting, but the north tip would suit me just fine!

striblue
09-26-2003, 01:43 PM
Juro..I am at CAC right now.... I have the phone being used for the intern.but I think you have my cell...I will PM you my cell number.

bcasey
09-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Good luck guys, if you do get dropped off at the north end of SM, don't overlook the area right at the drop off point. Ive been there several times this year and this spot has NEVER failed to produce a ton of GOOD size fish! Wish I could be there with you, I'll be daydreaming about mid-morn and slapping myself in the head for not makin the trip. Or, maybe I'll just head out to Vineyard Sound and scare up some albies, Menemsha entrance has been HOT!!! :devil:
BTW, the picture next to my posts, North Tip of South Monomoy!

striblue
09-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Brian, good to hear from you.. with you with us ,that would round out the veteran group. And... your official induction into CAC where you would have to wear (forced, naturally, as is the custom), the officail CAC hat.. which you can see. (Compliments of Penguin). Brian...if you have any doubts...remember Jacky Gleason would be proud.... because as you no doubt know CAC is an off shoot of the "Royal Order of the Racoons".

bcasey
09-27-2003, 03:38 PM
John, Have you ever known me to have doubts about anything? I jump in with both feet quite often and would be proud to don the cap of CAC! Too many hockey games this weekend, My kid scored on a penalty shot this morning and we have another game in Orleans tonight, my fishin is going to h##L, but I'm still having the time of my life.
We WILL get together once more before the season ends, for sure!:cool:
Hope it went well this morning!;)