More contributions... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: More contributions...

juro
01-09-2001, 08:08 PM
Toward the cause -

I've received an incredible piece of flyfishing artwork from Art Burton, an antique flyfishing painting framed and matted above classic trout flies in a mahogany colored frame... worthy of a museum piece. I have my digital camera battery charging and will take some shots for the raffle page.

Also -

An absolutely awe-inspiring set of 40 meticulously tied striper flies from Bob Pink complete with corrosion proof large fly box... although the forty flies are a bit much for the fly box, those are the kinds of problems we like! http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

I can tell you first hand that both of these gifts are extraordinary, and we should all be grateful for the generosity of members like Bob and Art. I can't tell you how great it was to open packages and find such splendid contributions - but when the raffle tickets are drawn someone will experience it like I did!

FYI -

I will be posting the details of raffles and auctions in the near future. Thanks to those who have already bid, joined, raffled or WON auctions! The fun will begin soon.

doug
01-10-2001, 04:12 AM
Juro,
Throw my raffle ticket(s) in for Mr. Pink's works of art!
Doug B.

juro
01-12-2001, 04:22 PM
Good choice Doug!

Yesterday:

An assortment of trout flies from the seasoned hands and eyes of Luis Nasim. These look so good I was worried about them flying away when I opened the box! Will be added to the raffle / auction list.

Luis - I am very impressed!

There will be images of Bob's, Art's and Luis creations added this weekend.