: UPDATE-Rip Trip Roster
09-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Here is what I have at Mid day today... Striblue, Jim Simms, Juro, FredA, Adrian,Double Haul, Bert, Quentin,Fish Hawk, and Long Rod. Dfix, DocD, Birdfish, MarkS and CJS60 have dropped out. Only D. Brown is on the reserve as a maybe... so at this time, if anyone wants to go I would sign up here on the reserve...since we could have drop outs this week...
09-22-2003, 05:14 PM
I'm not certain that I can attend so I will drop out and make room for someone else. If there is still room on the boat then I may be able to join you.
09-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Drew and I are planning on coming down Friday. Juro said he thought you still had one spot left if Q can't make it we would be willling to take two slots if they can be had. If not we'll fish the light, big girl and the flats.
09-23-2003, 01:38 PM
OK... Q is out , so I would put Chris in his slot and if there is another drop out it would go to Drew... D Brown is still on the fence as I see it... also use this thread for updates, not the earlier thread... that one is getting too confusing...Thanks.
09-24-2003, 08:30 AM
If we can't get Drew in also I'll just fish the beach with him- I am in only if a second slot frees up for Drew.
We are definates though provided we can both go.
09-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Unfortunately I have to drop out. I have been invited to fish with a friend who lost his job of twenty years. I just cannot be in two places at once. I will keep trying though.
09-24-2003, 10:48 PM
OK...Longrod is out... so Chris... Drew is in.....Bumped up again.
09-25-2003, 05:46 AM
Excellent, We are coming so put us on tne list as solidly confirmed.
09-25-2003, 07:16 AM
Bump again... I will be leaving for Chatham tonight after a High School football game and will check with Keith tomorrow... I have not heard from him so it looks like we are on... we will know for sure Friday night... if the wind is down it's a go. A partly cloudy day is forecast. Bring lots of wire as reports I am getting say lots of large Blues. I will have my lap top with me at CAC and will go though the routine tomorrow evening so stay posted until you leave for Chatham.
We should see lots of bunker on the big bend and thus there is a possibility of bass, blues, and hardtails.
Tide will not be in our favor as far as the rip forming as we have come to know it but nevertheless anywhere the bunker are being coralled we will find action. Typically anytime the current is pushing hard in either direction the bunker are at a disadvantage to gamefish so with some luck they will decide that right in front of us is a good spot to try to accumulate :)
The area is well known for fall migration activity over it's history so we can probably assume it will be an interesting day and a great top-off for a fantastic season.
09-25-2003, 08:34 AM
I look forward to this with great anticipation.....bring on the fish! :devil:
I will be offering informal two-handed "beach casting" instruction with 3 or 4 demo rods available for anyone who is interested. They are early prototypes but good enough to get the idea across for sure. I don't have enough lines for all of them to be fished in a rip (sinking lines suitable for) but during non-rip times they are all available (others with intermediates) for people who want to try them in fishing situations as opposed to casting situations, again if interested.
Please keep in mind that these are earlier prototypes and the production versions will not be available by the weekend.
See you all there!
09-25-2003, 09:33 AM
Juro, I sent you a PM on CAC.....
09-25-2003, 01:54 PM
I'll try a see what I can muster in terms of spare line/reel combos for your cannons.
How about a Billy Pate Marlin with T650? :devil:
I have an Islander with T450 which might work too.
This is going to be fun!
09-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Bring the wire I speak of first hand knowledge. Very large Blues they sure put up a fight. I will tie up some extra Gartside Soft hackle flies . Should be an interesting day. FishHawk.:D
Thanks Adrian, we'll try a little of everything. I also have some Rio Scandinavian shooting heads from Simon Gawesworth to try as well, can't wait to try 'em!
BTW - the production model with sweeter flex profile will be available in early October, I would like to do a two-handed day in Rhody south coast area mid-October if anyone's interested. Spey in Quonny, two-handed in Napatree or something like that.
09-25-2003, 09:46 PM
John. Please put me on the reserve list for Saturday. There is a possibility I will be free.
09-25-2003, 11:49 PM
OK Phil..got you... but I am more afraid of the recent weather forcast... not the clouds or potential rain... but the gail force winds I am hearing on the news for mid day Saturday... but what else is new.
09-26-2003, 03:54 AM
Either way, we'll be wetting flies in Nantucket sound somewhere's!
This one don't look too bad at the moment....
09-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Anything open still? Although I have no clue what a "rip trip" actually involves, I will be on cape this weekend and would love to join you all. Just say when.
09-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Tygerpie, believe we have a full boat. You could show up at the causeway at 6:30am in case there are any no-shows.
I've got room in Dennis tonight for anyone looking for a place to crash.
09-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Tygerpie, Yes..just show up at the causeway...if it does not happen then we usually all decide where we will fish that day...Or we have a CAC meeting:devil: ...But our honorary meeting leader..Jbasser is not pressent.FredA will have to fill in with some Scottish stuff. ;) The trip is to the south point of South Monomoy island for the whole day. You would bring what you need for a whole day of fishing without access to your car or whatever.If you look back in this forum you will see tons of posts on the subject and what to bring from past trips.. this is our 6th, I think, attempt to do this since our last successful trip and we have had to cancel 6 times because of weather. The boat is full..but sometimes someone does not show... This group is mostly old veterans of the trip so I expect a complete group but you never know. At our last trip we did have one no-show...so if your aroun it's worth checking in at the causeway tomorrow morning... who knows maybe Keith would take you for Balast ( as Quint said in "Jaws").
09-26-2003, 11:46 AM
I won't be making this trip...
But I wish you guys the best of luck !!
I know everyone has been tring to get there
all summer, maybe tomorrow is it !!
09-26-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by striblue
...But our honorary meeting leader..Jbasser is not pressent.FredA will have to fill in with some Scottish stuff. ;)
Don't worry Striblue, I am at home monitoring the situation via satellite with a little Doublewood rather than a Doublehander:D
09-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Just got to the house in Eastham. Can anyone tell me where exactly "the causeway" is? The town would be a good start. Otherwise, I am likely to sleep in and try Hardings Beach to Stage light later in the day.
09-26-2003, 10:20 PM
When you are at the Chatham light... go down the road to the left, from the main street... Don't take Bridge Strreet... as you drive you will se the tennis club on your left... go DOWN that street to the first right which has a sign with the RIP RYDER... thats.... Morris Island road... the causway is about 1/2 mile from there... you can not miss it...AND you will see strange people milling about there cars at the causway... wondering if it's a go or not.