Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bayside, Dusk, 9/20

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jfbasser 
#1 ·
Hit a small beach on the opposite side of the harbor from my home field. Seemed ideal, last couple of hours of the incoming, lots of bait. Expected to see fish corralling baith against the jetty as I've seen before this time of year. On arrival lots of birds working the other (my) side but I remained diseplined and waited things out. Nothing but snagged bait. Birds still working hard on the other side as I left at sundown. Was going to Chatham tommorow morning but having second thoughts.

Nice sunset though.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Went to Chatham, albiet a bit late. Talked to Leon, who was coming off the beach. He said I didn't miss anything. Went down the refuge, talked to Jim Simms who was off to Monomoy. Considered tagging along but opted to fish Morris. One follow was the highlight. Looking forward to hearing how Jim and his friend did. Don't know if this season as been much different than others for me but it has seemed odd. Kinda like the season that wasn't. There have been good days. Just that something ain't been right. Certainly haven't seen enough of people like the penguin and striblue. I have had some fun fishin with mr. basser.

#6 ·
Well Fred... we have a get together next Saturday..I hope... I will be down Thursday night... and will fish Friday as well... If the rip does not come off.. then there is SB..... Maybe I will get up really early and follow Leon.... Show him how to cast a fly rod.:devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.