Fly Fishing Forum banner

Satelite image of Hurricane Isabel

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GregD 
#1 ·
After checking out all the great pictures of the beach and surf posted by John, It makes me wonder what the beach at the Carolinas is looking like. Hope Capt Gordon and all the folks there get through this one OK, the storm looks huge. I haven't looked for any web cams But I saw this picture from space and thought you all might enjoy it as well.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/18sep_isabel.htm?list1001244

Greg.

#3 ·
Great point! Sources of clean energy surround us if we could learn to tap into them.

As long private enterprise don't put windmills in Nantucket Sound. :devil: BTW I wonder how they would fare in a hurricane... I would suspect not very well, if it had not turned into land at the Carolinas.

From Don Quixote's name comes the term "quixotic". That's the perfect word to describe this proposal.

#4 ·
Hi Adrian,

Harnessing a Hurricane would be an amazing feat. Looking at what this category 2 hurricane did in the carolinas you know it had some serious power behind it. Can't image a category 5 and the power it could produce.

Greg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.