Wakefield Memorial Fundraiser [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Wakefield Memorial Fundraiser

juro
01-05-2001, 11:47 AM
I will be contacting the Athletic Director of Wakefield High School to ask permission to use the gym for a fund raiser to benefit the relatives of the unfortunate victims of the recent incident, which I am sure needs no repeat.

I suggest that instead of casting just for fun, let's do it for a cause. I'd like to raise the admission to $15 and all proceeds will go to the memorial fund as announced in the news stations. Of course we will enjoy a night of indoor casting, but can do so with a higher calling.

I'll post as soon as I get confirmation from WHS, here and on all regional websites.

juro
01-05-2001, 02:40 PM
No it doesn't seem to fit together right but I feel compelled to do something. Any ideas?

PeteGray
01-05-2001, 06:15 PM
Juro...
Actions really do speak louder than words...
and you, Sir, are a force to be reckoned with...
a tour d'force. Count me in!

tomd
01-06-2001, 01:11 AM
Juro, I'm in for the money whether I can go or not! Tom D

juro
01-06-2001, 09:30 AM
The only issue here is the conceptual one - is it appropriate to have fun to raise money for the bereaved? It seems like a lot of fun for such a solemn reason.

On the other hand, if I were a victim and fellow fly anglers got together to cast in my honor to benefit my grieving family, I would be honored to tears. So I guess there is nothing wrong with it.

BTW - Lycos, my employer, will match individual contributions up to $2,500.

If we are going to do it, it's gonna take more than the three of us! If there are opinions against, let em rip (better sooner than later)

PeteGray
01-06-2001, 06:42 PM
Juro...
Who should I make the check out to and where should I send it ?!
Regards

doug
01-07-2001, 05:03 AM
Juro,
I'll make a donation regardless of whether I can make a casting clinic or not. So....count me in.
Doug B.

Hawkeye
01-07-2001, 01:30 PM
I'm in.

Nathan Smith
01-07-2001, 06:41 PM
In