WSC Fundraiser & Auction! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: WSC Fundraiser & Auction!

rich_simms
09-18-2003, 12:06 AM
Dear Friends of WSC,

Friends please come join the Wild Steelhead Coalition’s First Annual Chili Feed Auction. It promises to be a fun and exciting evening. This years Chili Feed Auction will be held Wednesday, October 1, 2003 at the American Legion Hall 127, 19213 Bothell Way NE, Bothell, WA. This will be a grand occasion to meet and enjoy the company of others who share a common concern for wild steelhead of the great Northwest.

You must RSVP, as the dinner will be catered. It is not necessary to prepay for the reservation. However, attendees that prepay by September 20 will participate in an early bird drawing for special gifts. Many truly outstanding items are being offered in the raffle, and live auctions including guided trips, rods and reels, artwork and /or mounted flies, all the fishing gear that you could ever want and some new non-fishing items for the family. The donation is only $25.00 per person.

So, won’t you join us? Bring a friend or two. Help support the cause for wild steelhead by making this year’s Chili Feed Auction a big success:

6 PM to 7 PM: WET YOUR WHISTLE
7 PM to 8 PM: DINNER
8 PM: RAFFLE & AUCTION

For information call Peter Dorn;
VP of Fundraising
425-451-3133

[ ] Yes, I will be attending. Here is my $25 donation……………………………………..$
[ ] Yes, others will be joining us. Each guest is a $25 donation…………………………..$
[ ] Yes, I have a donation for the auction, call me at ……………………………………..
[ ] Total payment enclosed………………………… Number attending………………….
[ ] RSVP ……………………………………………Number attending………………….

SEND TO: Wild Steelhead Coalition, 218 MAIN ST. #264 KIRKLAND,WA 98033
Or Email RSVP: dorn440@hotmail.com

PS: Your big chance: Leland is donating a box of his beach poppers & the Sparkster has even stepped up! No kidding folks we have great things donated hope you can attend!

NrthFrk16
09-18-2003, 12:39 AM
Rumor has it Rich, that you will do anything to win that guided trip on the OP with 'Old Man Worley.' :devil: :smokin:

NrthFrk16
09-18-2003, 12:43 AM
...plus, you can all meet Mrs. Sparkey!! :hehe:

sinktip
09-18-2003, 10:36 AM
Rumor has it Rich, that you will do anything to win that guided trip on the OP

plus

...plus, you can all meet Mrs. Sparkey

equals

Is that Rich in a wig?

You two, that is just sick and wrong :tsk_tsk: :chuckle: :tsk_tsk:

Doublespey
09-18-2003, 11:11 AM
Thanks Sparkey - nice to know you'll be donating something to the Auction! :devil:

A Chili feed, eh? I'll do just about anything for a good cause, but I sure hope everyone remembers to leave their matches in the car! :eek: :whoa:

Sinktip - that ~could~ be Sparkey in a Wig? Maybe that's why it's MRS Sparkey.:D

See all of you there!

DS

juro
09-18-2003, 12:05 PM
You guys are all just jealous when comrade finds a gal who loves to fish! OK - me too ;)

Rich -

Are you accepting items for auction?

rich_simms
09-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Juro, You bet, if you have an item to donate that would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Pete Dorn, WSC VP of fundraising at 425-451-313 or email at dorn440@hotmail.com.

Hope everyone who can will turn out we have great items coming, I'll try and post a teaser soon.

Sink- Seems we are getting a little randy before heading to the North country. Be careful or I may put a weather curse on you. Please, at least once tough, drop into the trailer park and swing a ESL. I gave JJ firm instructions to put the bridle on ya. :p

flytyer
09-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Sparkey,

Glad to see you found a gal who appreciates and uses the long rod.

sinktip
09-18-2003, 05:37 PM
R-man,

I have an ESLTF and if I get really desperate or really drunk, I may even put it on. I don't know about randy but I am pretty single focused right now :D

tip

OC
09-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Hey Sparkey.

Has she been out on my sailboat yet for a weekend??? Ya know she really should. By the way she kind a looks like the sister of the Goddess.

Are you bringing her to the chilli feed? You really should.

Hot pants all over the river today what a site!

NrthFrk16
09-20-2003, 12:04 AM
OC-
At first she was going to but then she decided she would rather save a sick/vacation day of sorts for a day on the river! I am still trying to talk her into it!!

btw-She in no way resembles the so-called goddess. I did get a great picture of her and her first ever trout to a fly but given the goofy look on her face, I think she would kill me if I posted it for all to see!!

ripdemlips
09-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Sparkey didn't they get a court order on you for stalking Angie?
You aren't stalking her now are you?

OC
09-23-2003, 10:59 AM
Hey Spark!

Only teasing about the Goddess thing, though you got to agree she has done a great job on all those mid westerners who catch fake salmon that are darker than a moonless night and then take pictures of them.

Be careful about taking her winter steelhead fishing. Cold, wet and long periods of casting without a hit can brake a good womans spirit real fast. Trout fishing with a fly is what they really love. By the way she have an older sister?:devil: I just broke up after 6 years with a hell of a good flyfisher woman and now looking for one that can do multi tasking like Steelhead fishing one week and sailing the next. On second thought maybe your new friend has a mom that's single.:eek:

Keep fishing.
OC

NrthFrk16
09-24-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by OC
Be careful about taking her winter steelhead fishing. Cold, wet and long periods of casting without a hit can brake a good womans spirit real fast. Trout fishing with a fly is what they really love. By the way she have an older sister?:devil: I just broke up after 6 years with a hell of a good flyfisher woman and now looking for one that can do multi tasking like Steelhead fishing one week and sailing the next. On second thought maybe your new friend has a mom that's single.:eek:

Keep fishing.
OC

The winter steelheading will come for her but it will consist of lobbing pink worms and rags and shrimpies from a moving driftboat! :devil:

...and she does have a mother who just may actually be single!...and older sister as well! :whoa: :hehe:

btw-the type of woman you are looking for is few and far between and on top of it!...most that do love flyfishing and the like have a screw loose (well many). Dont get me started as you do know I have stories to prove that very point! :tsk_tsk:

flytyer
09-24-2003, 11:32 PM
Sparkey,

Do I detect a finder's fee from OC for your introducing him to her mom?

rich_simms
10-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks to all who attended or donated to the WSC Fundraiser last Wednesday and making a great success! :)