TARPON SNOOK FISHING IN NICARAGUA COSTA RICA [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: TARPON SNOOK FISHING IN NICARAGUA COSTA RICA

philippe
01-04-2001, 03:53 PM
A few words to inform all readers of this board of the existence of my Sportfishing company located at the border of Nicaragua and Costa Rica , we fish both countries and report the presence of hudge tarpon in large quantities all year long..also some big snook , Machaca , Rainbow bass....
I guess I am operating one of the top place in the world meanwhile the area is almost virgin.
I invite all readers to have a look at my fishing reports located at:
http://pub25.ezboard.com/ftarponfrm1
My web page is at: http://www.marine-electronics.net/tropicalfishing/

Hawkeye
01-04-2001, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the board Phillipe! I know we've got a number of "jet setters" out there who will drool over the fishing in your neck of the woods. Come to think of it we probably all will drool over it.

We look forward to hearing about all the fishing going on down your way.

PeteGray
01-04-2001, 10:51 PM
Philippe...
Way back in Dec 1972 Managua had a big quake...the city was burning for days...I was on the first C-130 in from Panama...'brought in a mobile control tower and combat controllers to get the airport up an running. I made 15 shuttles and almost earned frequent flier Nicaraguan pilot wings... I met an old Americano who flew P-51's and had a US pilot's licence #185... I still have a hardwood rocking chair from a factory near the airport... Someday I'd like to go back and try my hand at stretching some fly line...
Don't be a stranger...fill me in on what's going on at your end of the beach...BIG TARPON ?...wet my appetite!~
Happy New Year and welcome to the FORUM!!!

juro
01-05-2001, 12:25 AM
Phillipe -

Welcome! We occasionally get members who visit your region, in fact MattB is in Costa Rica as we speak!

Could you tell us about the rainbow bass? I am not familiar with the species and didn't see any images on your website.

thanks,
Juro

grego
01-05-2001, 05:13 PM
Philippe,

Costa Rica, Cabo San Lucas & the Ucitan Penninsula are the top 3 on my fishing wish list!

I think the main thing that holds a lot of people back from a "Fishing Vacation" is just that, it's a trip that revolving around fishing. That's a good thing for fishing fanatics like us, but it leave our families wanting (wives & kids). For many people vacation is a couple of weeks off from work per year & this time off is usually dedicated to activities that the entire family can enjoy.

All that being said, what other Kinds of activities are availible in your area, Beaches, Shopping, Sight Seeing, and so on?

Also, I really enjoyed the Photo Gallery on your web-site. Those Tarpon Really Explode Out Of The Water !!!!