Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anyone been doing anything around Hampton?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fliboy 
#1 ·
Was thinking of heading to Hampton one of these next few mornings. Haven't been there in over a month.

TL,

#3 ·
Matt - I actually hit the harbor area on Friday and managed to pick up eight stripers - from 20" - 24" - and they apeared to be well fed - should we say. Seemed to want a very slow retrieve.

Had a buddy with spin rod, and he went through his whole bag of lures - only to catch one. :devil: Love when that happens! Kept looking over at me with a scowl. Mentioned possibly getting me to show him how to chuck a fly so he can "try that" next season. :smokin:

#5 ·
DJ....

I've been running the shore between Hampton and Rye the last few times out....Lotsa peanuts....some bluefish earlier, but even they are gone now.

Reports from Maine (Kennebec area) say the fishing is better than ever up there, which would lead me to believe that there are still good fish to our north.

#6 ·
HighTech - I was thinking the same thing, as I had seen some postings still indicating good things were still happening in ME. Still plan on hitting Hampton for a few more times each of the next two weeks. I'll survey the situation at that point, and see if I can go another week before waving "goodbye until next year" somewhere along the Rhody shore.

TL,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.