Irish Guide Details [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Irish Guide Details

Lefty
01-03-2001, 12:59 PM
I thought I would share some info I've ploughed up in preparation for my trip to Ireland. Check out this quote I received from a guide service. Sounds like a great deal and keep in mind the Irish pound to dollar conversion is about close to 1 to 1 now:

<i>My charge for a half day's trout fishing would be 60-70 which includes 4-wheel drive transport, packed lunch, tackle and waders and fishing add about another 10.
Our salmon season ends on Sept. 30th and september can be very good as there is usually a good stock in the rivers by then. Why not have a full days trout and another after salmon , I would do 2 full days at a cut rate , around 200 as the salmon angling would be more expensive and also neccessitates a licence.
Get back to me if you need any further info and I am only too happy to help.These prices are as they were for the 2000 season and will remain so until Jan. 31st for any bookings up to then. I can also incorporate some sight-seeing into the outing if needed, Slan, (pronounced Slawn, gaelic for goodbye)

Best regards,
Paddy Dunworth,
Ballingarry,
Co. Limerick</i>

juro
01-03-2001, 02:37 PM
Fascinating, and sounds like quite the bargain. I can't wait to see photos of this one!

Sounds to me like Mr.Dunworth would make a fine member in the forum!

Lefty
01-03-2001, 03:29 PM
Ya he has a website too at www.celticangling.com. He also sent me this image, kinda cool.

http://users.massed.net/~lweir/ff/pic/4wheel.jpg