Fly Fishing Forum banner

Capt Art's day off

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  artb 
#1 ·
Yesterday afternoon I was invited to go out fishing on my son's boat. I didn't as the others would be fishing by a method of which I don't care for, in other words not flyfishing. While it is a nice fish it desn't bother me that I will never catch one,as I use only a flyrod when fishing from a boat. From shore I only use a spinning rod if the fish are beyond flyrod range. He is having a skin mount, only 51 lbs.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Art,
Never say never buddy!!! I have been trying all summer to hook one of them big girls on the fly, I have not obviously gotten there yet but it can be done with the right circumstances. Keep the faith and keep at it I think it can be done and who better than you to prove it. Your sons fish is a very beautiful fish and you shouldn't take anything away from it due to the methods, although I know you were not doing that. Those fish are few and far between so if someone gets an opportunity than good for them. Give my regards to your son as it is a fish of a lifetime of which he should be very proud.

Tightlines,
Mike M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.