Fly Fishing Forum banner

I saw stripers and I had no rod!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Juro,

On the sunday of Labor Day weekend, I was in Newport, RI with my son and fiance. They were showing my wife and I the place they want to get married next year. I was standing on the bluff at the Newport Regatta Club looking towards Goat Island. All of a sudden, the water below me erupted and there were some big boys doing the nasty to a school of bait. Lots of birds, lots of slashing and crashing and they were just off a point of rocks to my left. A few minutes later, Diane called me to the car and broke the spell. Just as well though, as I had begun to drool and my right began twitching uncontrollably. Then I proceeded tp piss everyone off by asking them to consult a tide table before they set the wedding time.

My kid's wedding may be next September instead of primetime June. Somehow, I feel like I'm slowly getting screwed out of my striper trip.

Leland.

#2 ·
September's still great in that area especially if we can get you out on a boat around the reefs and islands. It isn't going to be the sight fishing we talked about but there will be action for sure!

Congrats on your son's wedding to be.

#3 ·
Juro,

I Would love to take the 2 of you out on my boat docked at Castle Hill in Newport if the timing is good.
I have had so much fun on your home turf....I mean sandbars that it would be an honor to host you and your friend out on my local waters.

Dan Dougherty

#4 ·
Dan!

Somehow I missed this post until now. THANKS for the invite, I'd love to take you up on that and we've got dinner when we get back to homeport.

Leland - let's talk off line about sneaking away with Dan while you're in town.

Thanks again Dan!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.