: Fishing Essex to Gloucester

longrod
09-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Went out at 5:30 with a friend and his son. Started at mouth of essex river and hooked into several blues and a striper.
Moved up to Anasquam and watched while dozens of fish smashed bait next to a marina. Moved over to cast to them nothing. just frustration. Switched to trolling. hooked up to blues for about three hours. also dogfish. Heres a good one- we were running out of lures. and hooked into another bluefish. Friends son screams as the line snaps at boat. Instead he jumps at the side of the boat like he was going in the water. grabs the dogfish and heaves the thrashing beast and his lure back into the boat. Amazing thing to watch. He is 15 years old. Nerves of steel. Lucky he did not get jabbed.
longrod

TexasFlyTyer
09-04-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm new to the area can you give me some tips on which ramps are good on low tide. 20 ft Aquasport so I need some direction.

Lefty
09-04-2003, 01:12 PM
The Annisquam R. ramp in Gloucester is good. Also Granite Pier in Rockport center is good.

longrod
09-04-2003, 10:10 PM
TexasFlytyer,
There are ramps in Ipswich which is a good one and in Essex. The one is Essex may be questionable at low tide. The Mass State environmental website has a listing of sites.
++++