Orvis Trident TL 14' 9wt Spey Rod MINT [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Orvis Trident TL 14' 9wt Spey Rod MINT

MarkNY
08-28-2003, 05:42 PM
hi, i have for sale, an:

Orvis Trident TL 14' 9Wt-4pc Spey Rod

this rod is in mint condition and has been used less than 10 times.
i have found that this rod is a little too big for the water i normally fish, therefore ive decided to sell it and replace it with a smaller rod. INCLUDED with the rod is a RIO Windcutter Spey line with interchangeable tips which has the same amount of use as the rod. this rod does exactly what its suppose to do with ease. please email if interested. also,i have digital pictures if someone would like to see them.

FIRM PRICE: $400 USD plus shipping costs.

thanks very much,
Mark Vanderhoof
New York
email: markv1975@yahoo.com

Grampa Spey
08-31-2003, 10:39 AM
Is the rod this year's model?

What weight is the WC line, and is that the new line with the tip compensator and type 8 sinking tip?

MarkNY
08-31-2003, 02:32 PM
this rod is imprinted with "0601", so the date is june of 2001. i bought it new 1 1/2 yrs ago. the windcutter is an 8/9/10 and was purchased at the same time. the line has 2 floating tips, 1 clear inter., 1 type 6 tip and 1 type 3 tip. keep in mind that this rod is a trident TL, not a TLS. this was there top of line rod before they discontinued the line and replaced it with the T3. hope this answers your questions. id be happy to supply photos if that would help further. best regards, mark

Grampa Spey
09-01-2003, 12:19 PM
My cousin is interested in the new Spey rod by Orvis. I think that he is locked into the warranty.

So thanks for your time, but he wants a new rod even if this might be a better rod being a true Trident.

MarkNY
09-07-2003, 03:06 PM
if someone is interested in this, im willing to accept a reasonable offer. markv1975@yahoo.com