All's Quiet on the Manchester Front [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: All's Quiet on the Manchester Front

Nick
08-27-2003, 08:13 AM
6 to 7:15am in the Harbor. Birds were flying but even they couldn't find the fun...

Nick

juro
08-27-2003, 08:18 AM
Bunker there yet?

doogue
08-27-2003, 08:25 AM
Nick,

Had you heard and good reports about the Manchester area as of yet? I am headed out this weekend and I am having trouble figuring out where to go.

I will most likely truck fish the NH coast. I did talk to a guide friend of mine though and he said that the fly scene in NH was still tough this week. No peanuts yet. He is more of a chunker though so I am going to low-pass that info.

My father-in-law will be with me so Singing Beach and adjacent locales would appeal to the land-locked Indiana transplant in him. Maybe he would also like fighting people for a spot on the beach along the Merrimack. There is nothing like a brawl to promote bonding between father-in-law and son.

Decision, decisions...

Nick
08-27-2003, 08:29 AM
Little bird told of some decent fishing in the area one evening this week...

No Peabunker as of yet, although I did see one suspicious little guy zip accross the surface to escape my big orange yak!

Nick

Lefty
08-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Go for Ipswich bay at dawn. Outgoing should be good by Monday . Pavillion beach yak scenario sounds like the ticket but the Labor Day crowds might disrupt.
Sandy Pt access? Not sure about the plover situation. Cape Ann later.

Lefty

juro
08-27-2003, 09:20 AM
Or continue a little further south, acres of pea bunker and all the stripers you could catch as long as the arms would hold out. Exit 11 off rte 6... :devil:

Backside beaches had tons of pea bunker and fish on Monday.

Nick
08-27-2003, 09:34 AM
Next week...I hope to hit the Ipswitch area a few morn's and evenings...

Nick

Juro, What map are you reading? Rte 128 doesn't intersect Rte6 anywhere that I can see. Secret underwater tunnel in that new Gasline in Boston or that New sewer pipe from Deer Island?

:hehe:

grego
08-28-2003, 12:29 PM
I did the Manchester Truck Tour Tues. PM. No P-Bunker yet. Some Silervides & no signs of Action.

Lefty
08-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Yup. Cape Anne (or is it Ann?) later.

mikez
08-30-2003, 10:32 AM
re Sandy point access:
Is that the very tip of the Plum Island Wildlife Refuge?
I haven't been there in years but when I used to fish PI regularly, the very southern tip of the island was a state park [as opposed to Federal WR] which did not observe the same beach closures for plovers. It was a little known fact that you could drive through the NWR and park in the state lot which gave access to Emerson's as well as the inside of the bay. I used to get a permit which allowed me to stay after dark. I had many good nights out there all by myself.
No idea what current situation is. Haven't been there in 6 or 7 years. Be worth pulling up to the guard shack and inquiring though.