Too much... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Too much...

Moonlight
08-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Fly fising in the ocean can be some fun, and then other times fly fishing in the ocean can be tough enough to put me and my skiff back on the trailer.
Made the drive out to Neah Bay on Tuesday it was almost doable at Wadah but a 1 hour drift had us into swells and a light chop that made it tough enough that we did not want any part of the scene. So with tails tucked firmly between we left the water for a calmer day.
The fish were not around Wadah, as a matter of fact we had not a single strike or any others either if you thought I was playing that game.
Talked with a friend who is working out of Ilwaco and he said the sardine seiners were ideled by the size of the swells. I guess it really was too rough for a 16' Lund!!!
Spoiled by the concentration of fish off of Cape Flattery I can't yet break free of their spell and go out right here in Port Angeles.:hehe:

topwater
08-22-2003, 06:30 PM
don't worry moonlight, the fishing earlier this week offshore wasn't as good as the previous couple weeks. there just seemed to be a funk going mon-tue-wed (although during maximum currents the fishing picked up)but it has become more neah bay like the last couple days... although the weather still isn't great... but the big morning swells seem to drop off every afternoon. we beat ourselves up pretty good this morning to get offshore but we found good fishing, even with the strong winds.

chris

Moonlight
08-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the update I'll bet its crowded in town with the big "Celebration" this weekend. Hope to make it back out early in the week again.