Boneclave - Friday Meeting time? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave - Friday Meeting time?

juro
08-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Past years we met around the same time at White's which helped us spread the gear across spaces on decks, sometimes even people. Are we planning on being there at the same time this year, like say 6am perhaps?

We typically drop our stuff off at the site and go fishing!

JimW
08-20-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm planning on 6ish with Fred and Chuck. We can make a sencond run if needed for gear or guys.

fliboy
08-20-2003, 09:51 PM
My plan is to head to theCape early Friday morning, assuming this proposal I'm working is finished up Thursday night (this things seriously kicking my butt). My intended time would be around 7:00 AM.

If I don't get down early who will have a cellphone to hitch a ride to the site.

I'll post tomorrow evening whether I can get there early morning on Friday, or if I won't get there until 1:00 or so.

TL,

juro
08-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Hmmm... you'd better coordinate with your boat-host! The general rule is that you go when he says go. The island and ramps are situated so that you need to have scheduled pickups and drop offs, and minimal at that. It's hard to leave a blitz to pick someone up and it's easy to get signals crossed and have someone stranded either on island or on mainland.

In fact everyone should coordinate with their hosts ASAP!

Slinger
08-20-2003, 11:34 PM
Can`t leave earlier than 7, so we won`t be there till 9 or so. Sean, Jerry and I are all riding together. We thought we would leave the gear in the truck and return to the ramp to pick it up later in the afternoon.
Slinger

Lefty
08-20-2003, 11:45 PM
6 am for me.

ssully
08-21-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by juro
Hmmm... you'd better coordinate with your boat-host! The general rule is that you go when he says go. The island and ramps are situated so that you need to have scheduled pickups and drop offs, and minimal at that. It's hard to leave a blitz to pick someone up and it's easy to get signals crossed and have someone stranded either on island or on mainland.

In fact everyone should coordinate with their hosts ASAP!

whoa there's a flashback!~:devil:

fliboy
08-21-2003, 04:28 AM
Juro - you're right! Wow - what was I thinking. Actually I was thinking that Friday was the day just to get situated, kind of like the Rhody Clave, but Friday is the first official day of what will, for me, be a three day fishfest!

I was asleep at the wheel on this one!

I have a PM to Craig to see when the rendevous time is.

Thanks for the wake-up!

Dave

mikez
08-21-2003, 07:57 AM
So White's at 6:00 AM?
So far I haven't connected with my ride so I may be standing there all dressed up....
Looking forward to seeing old faces again and putting names to the new ones!
PS Reel-time has several posts on bass and blues around Waquit. Looks like we should see something fishy even if the bones forsake us.

Lefty
08-21-2003, 08:31 AM
Sully- As long as we got the silver tarp we're ok:D

Mike Z. - All dressed up? I had this weird vision of you standing at the ramp in a tux holding a boquet of flowers.....nevermind....where's the coffeee?

Lefty

Slinger
08-21-2003, 09:26 AM
And wearing a red baseball hat!
Slinger

ssully
08-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Mike Z,

See your Schotty post.

striblue
08-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Terry... is it to be French roast or Vermont Country Blend for coffee...I need to Know?....No flavored coffee.

Lefty
08-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Freedom coffee (formerlly known as French)

Decaf Herb Tea for Sully and Juro.

mikez
08-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Ssully, got your message. Will be looking for you at whites. I'll be wearing my red Boca Grande cap [so Slinger can recognize me] and my side kick should be at my side. We is pumped!

Terry, no tux for me. No flowers either. Those days are behind me forever ;^]
As far as where's the coffee, that's what I'll be saying outside your tent flap at about 5:00 AM on Saturday morning!

striblue
08-21-2003, 03:53 PM
Terry...herb coffeee.. ????????? ok... I will take cae of that...

bcasey
08-21-2003, 05:20 PM
I will be a little later in the morning, But the idea of leaving the gear in the vehicals and picking it up latter on is a VERY GOOD IDEA, we don't want to disturb the sleepy campers. See you around 1pm (check-in time) at the site, or later!

Lefty
08-21-2003, 05:27 PM
John, no tea just kiddin.

JimW
08-21-2003, 08:39 PM
Ready to roll...