Monster Steelhead [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Monster Steelhead

StealthStalker
08-18-2003, 08:32 AM
Just wanted to stop in and share my monster with you.

http://fliesandtackle.com/~stealth2/cart/images/items/monster2.jpg

Stalker4Life

Stealth Stalker

Nooksack Mac
08-19-2003, 03:49 AM
:eyecrazy: And you waited half a year to post that picture? Saint Erasmus didn't have that much restraint!
But, congratulations, and an occasional happy return.

StealthStalker
08-19-2003, 06:30 AM

Bee
08-25-2003, 11:28 AM
not being an experienced great lakes fisherman, what are those whelps or knots on the side of the fish, curiously? Lampray?

StealthStalker
08-26-2003, 08:15 AM
I have a good friend that has been a diver in lake erie for the last 4 years doing a study on the great lakes and what he told me was that those are pcb tumors. The fish is old and has injested over the years pcb's. And then they are storied in there fatie cells because the body can not get rid off them. And then become tumors over time.

pcb's where is from transformers. pcb's are used to keep the transformer cool. but when it went bad back in the day they would change the transformer and dump all the pcb in the water and the pcb's just dont go away it is a compound that is very hard to break down.

But thats what i came up with.

Stealth Stalker

Dble Haul
08-26-2003, 09:02 AM
Stealthstalker-

Please review the FlyTalk Guidelines located in the sticky thread at the top of this Worldwide Discussion Forum, particularly point number 2 regarding sponsorship and spam.

Thanks, and welcome to the site.