Boneclave Logistics [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave Logistics

fliboy
08-14-2003, 06:13 AM
This is my first Boneclave, so my question is one of logistics. Do we assume we move everything to the island the first day? I'm wondering what to pull together and pack for the initial trip on Friday.

Is it anticpated there will be any supply runs over the course of the weekend?

Thanks

Lefty
08-14-2003, 08:00 AM
Dave,
We won't really need supply runs, although someone usually runs over to pick up a friend or something. Depending on how many nights you stay you need to bring enough of your own food and water to get by. Doesn't take much. A sandwich here, a bowl of cereal there etc. We will have 2 group meals and probably some grilled catch of the day in the mix too. By the end of the weekend the stragglers are usually living high on the hog on leftovers (ie. Slasa and eggs).

You will park your car at the lot, and proceed down the little hill to the ramp where the meisters will try and locate a seat for you on one of the boats. You can then bring your little pile of stuff all at once. That is why it's important to not overpack unless you have your own boat and can spare the room.
The details haven't been worked out yet unless I missed the thread on this. Case? Not everyone will be launching their boat friday morning and not everyone will be showing up for a ride on Friday.

I have room for shuttling 1 out to the island on my skiff on friday morning.

Lefty

bcasey
08-14-2003, 05:44 PM
the "Batting Lineup post" will be posted very soon (tonight, I hope) and we should be able to have this all hashed out over the next couple of days.
PLEASE STAY TUNED!