Tuna Quest [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Tuna Quest

striblue
08-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Monday I will be heading out with a local guy for Tuna... they have conventional gear with the usual spreader rigs... but I am planning on being a pain and bring a 14 wt... which I will need to borrow..... May have to put the squeeze on Harry K and borrow a rod... I will have 5 inch featherbrains... and ... as usaul a thermos of capachino.:D

Jimmy
08-13-2003, 10:28 PM
You????? A pain????? I can't believe that.:razz:

FishHawk
08-14-2003, 06:02 AM
Ironman try soaking the Featherbrains in capachino. I hear that it's a sure fire way to attract Tuna. Beats Dr. Juice. FishHawk:devil:

craig
08-14-2003, 06:05 AM
John,

Any idea on where you guys might be heading too? Send PM, it would be appreciated. Looking forward to the report after woulds. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

I would be nice to here what kind of a set up you are using also, line, rod, reeling, amount of backings. I'm not asking for to much I hope
:eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :hehe: :hehe:

2HandTheSalt
08-14-2003, 08:43 AM
Hey John, if you can make it to Yarmouth, I have a rig you can borrow: Cam Sigler 14-weight or T & T Horizon 14-16-weight and Hayden Brodabill lever-drag AR reel. It is all rigged and ready to go with a full set of shooting heads, and a fighting belt. You would need to supply your own leaders, but that is it.

Jay Horton

Striper
08-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Cam Sigler 14-weight or T & T Horizon 14-16-weight and Hayden Brodabill lever-drag AR reel.

Now that's what I call GEAR:eyecrazy: . With that setup we could easily delete the post concerning big bass and landing them:whoa: . Jay have you ever hooked and landed a Great White on that stuff? It is beefy enough to land even one of those fish. John you better get some insurance as I am sure that setup wasn't purchased at Walmart:hehe: .

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo