Long weekend [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Long weekend

Slinger
08-11-2003, 07:43 PM
I`ve been on sort of a mid-summer breather, only fished twice in the last 4 weeks. But with a long weekend in RI and my buddies girl off to Denver for a few days It was the perfect opportunity to crash on his south county couch, spent 3 days hitting the breachways and the watering holes. All the breachways are filled with small silversides and there are good bass eating heavy, but you need a fly under 2". Everyone is anxiously waiting the small tunas but none yet. There have been some big doormats dragged out of the breachways. Quonny fished very well this morning, the fishing has been hot in the mornings and not so great in the evenings.
As you may know the breachways have to be dredged to keep them from closing up completely, they do it every 10 or 12 yrs. and it allways produces some great fishing. I have it on good authority that this fall it is going to be done.
With the clave less than 2 weeks off and a new supply of crosscut bunny the Bonito Bunnies count is at 20 and rising.
Slinger

neac9
08-12-2003, 03:43 AM
Did you hit the breachway this am, and if so how did you do ?

jfbasser
08-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Slinger, I think your bunnies are multiplying:hehe:
Always keep them individualy wrapped:D

Adrian
08-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Steve

Great report - thanks!

I heard interesting things about Quonny this past week-end and I'm thinking of paying a vistit this w/e coming with the Kayak and specially designed micro Rays Fly variants ;) Can't be long before the hardatails start to show up too - they're getting caught South of the Vineyard. Last year was a blast - looks like you're locked and loaded this year! :smokin: