South Beach Report-Aug. 11 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: South Beach Report-Aug. 11

08-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Banner day on South beach... Fished with Dave Pearson and we had some fun and a lot of laughs..... a great guy and super flyfisherman. We hit on some small blues at the drop off and then with the rain pouring on us many fish landed... all on incoming.. I left for the 12:45 and Dave stayed to scout somemore for a charter he has tomorrow. This was a similar day to the last one with the weather the same. Juro was right, Dave was able to scoop some bait up and it was a inch to an inch and one half peanut bunker.... although we did not use peanut bunker flys;) ,Tomorrow out again will meet with Dave again but will separate from him since he has the old times with Dave. Really enjoyed it.

08-13-2003, 12:33 PM
It was indeed like old times, John. Really enjoyed catching up with you and catching a few in the process; level of importance in that order. I had additional success the remainder of the day, and as Juro wrote in another post, a run-n-gun approach (moved around a bunch) was a key to success.

Appreciate the scouting assistance too. The trip went well on the 12th and my clients caught a bunch. Nothing real big, but they were new to the area and had never sight casted to stripers. They tuned in on "seeing" fish, making a proper presentation, and really learned a lot.

Sometimes, you have to count the opportunities instead of, or in addition to, counting the catch. We we blessed with the opportunity to do both.

Let's hook up again soon!

08-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Dave... Yes a great way to look at it, as opportunities... Look forward to joining you again this summer.