Juro's front page news! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Juro's front page news!

fliboy
08-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Juro - nice shot! You made the front page of the Nashua & Region section of the Nashua Telegraph yesterday - showing you're form with the spey rod.

I didn't even have time to read the paper yesterday, but tonight my wife gave me the head's up, just after dinner this evening. "Dave - I think you know this guy who's picture is on the front page".

Now I gotta know - did you hook up?

TL,

Dave

NrthFrk16
08-09-2003, 10:04 PM
All of us Left Coasters who do not have access to this paper would love to see Juro's mug in the paper!

juro
08-09-2003, 10:25 PM
:p That's my field testing spot, one of the rare spots in the area where you can air out a full-blown spey cast and not run out of room. Nice current comes around fairly quickly as well. Probably was an amazing atlantic salmon pool in it's day... long ago when the Nashua ran unabated into the Merrimac, which used to be a mega salmon river before the industrial era.

The Telegraph's photographer is an avid flyfisher and I was lucky to make his acquaintance. We'll probably be doing some photo shoots of busting fall fish or polarized flats shots in the future together. He really does good work, the shot looks like I am in Quebec or something instead of the Nashua!

I only use a puff of yarn but those little largemouths grab it willingly when I am stripping in, sometimes I forget I am just practicing when I get a "take".

striblue
08-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Juro... I would love to see it next time I see you...great for you to get some publicity for all that hard work with "the" Rod.. Thanks for the lesson today...I will master that two hander.... and btw, great fishing when you hooked that big fish in a foot of water two feet from shore... a perfect lead.... I loved it....