Rip Trip Roster for tomorrow [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Trip Roster for tomorrow


striblue
08-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Here is our Roster and I will confirm tonight if we are still on... but for now we are... Me, Birdfish, CSJ60, FredA, SeanM, Jimmy, Doogue, Big Dave, GreggD.... and Juro if he can make it ,makes 10....... The Rip Ryder has been going each day this week and the afternoon has been good... so if we have no T- Storms and the wind stays down which it has all week...please make your personal araingements that we are On... Watch the Board today and I or Keith will confirm this evening.

juro
08-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Current listing from NOAA... as of 8:40am

Saturday.
Showers early in the morning. Then more showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

It will be wet, but so are the fish.

BirdFish
08-08-2003, 11:37 AM
John,
If the trip is a go, where and when will we meet? Thanks.
Dave

striblue
08-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Dave, we meet at 6 am at the Causeway at Morris Island... the far end toward Morris Island..Thanks Juro... same weather forcast as each day basically.. right now hazy sun in Chatham.. Humid... If keith sees no T-Storms in OUR area he will go... Rain heavey each of the last two nights...but not in the afternoons.... so this is where we are now at 12 noon.

BigDave
08-08-2003, 12:15 PM
What are people doing for lodging this evening? Anyone want to split a motel?

John I will call you before making the trip down tonight.

striblue
08-08-2003, 04:53 PM
It's 5 right now and I just spoke to Ed at the Rip Ryder... keith is checking the radar ..but as on now we are a GO!

GregD
08-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Ok 6 am at the Causeway it is... Looking forward to getting out with you guys. Hope the fish show and not the lightning.

Tight lines,
Greg.

Smcdermott
08-08-2003, 07:05 PM
John,

Do you expect to have another check in tonight? I will be driving down in the a.m. and would opt to fish closer to home if the trip is not on.

Thanks,
Sean

doogue
08-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Ditto on the final call time.

For us dudes with long drives ahead of us - and good water closer to home - it would help to get an update tonight.

Thanks for helping out John.

-Mike

striblue
08-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Doogue... doing the best I can... Just watch the board and keith will post...if he does not we are ON... If there is a weather problem in the morning ...well, you can either go back or spend the day fishing somewhere. I will post a final post about midnight...

doogue
08-08-2003, 08:44 PM
John,

I am not knocking you at all. You have been a juggernaut with the Rip Trip planning. Thanks.

NOAA is now predicting the following and I am just doubtful:
Sat: S Wind around 15 kt. Seas 4 to 6 Ft in S swells. Areas of fog with vsby 1 NM or less. Showers and tstms likely.


Frankly, with those seas and TSTMS it doesn't look too chipper to me. But I am not backing out yet. I will check again at 3 AM as I prepare to depart. I actually like fishing in the rain so that is not too much of a factor.

Yet we shall see what Mother Nature has to say about this trip...

-Mike

striblue
08-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Doogue..you are right... this weather pattern is strange..that is.. It is crashing in Boston and hazy sun here... and then viseversa...So I think taht these T- Storms could pop up any where...So I can not tell... but if it does what it has.. we might get it in... We can also get a 3 pm pick up.... If things look bad..keith will come and get us pronto.... If things look bad for the 7 am... it might be an 8 am departure....Just keep checking the board... if keith Calls me instead..I will post ASAP. Everyone should check the board just before they leave.

Rip Ryder
08-08-2003, 09:33 PM
John,

I called your house earlier and left a message with one of your boys. Wanted to talk about the weather. I am waiting now to listen to the 9pm on NECN. Their weather dude has completely changed his forcast from 6pm. There was a change in the location of the front coming through. It sounds like the bulk of the rain is going to be west, but on the coast side the wind is going to be SouthWest and he is calling for winds from 10-25.:confused:
I just talked to john while posting. I am going to watch the 10pm from wbz and 56 and I will post right after. This crazy weather pattern is certainly making it more difficult than usual. My earlier concern was, that you would not have any cover, if we got the thunder storms. Other than the light house, you would all be the tallest thing on the island.:eyecrazy:

Will post some time around 10:30 pm

Keith

Rip Ryder
08-08-2003, 11:05 PM
THIS SUCKS!!

The only thing I am sure of is the pea soup fog in the morning. I have one report of SW 10-15 and another of 10-25. Most are on the same page of saying a good chance of thunder storms in the morning and then increased chances in the afternoon and into the evening. We have had increases in wind each day this week before and after these small weather cells go through.
I am going to lean towards the side of caution and cancel this one. My primary concern is the chance of Thunderstorms and not having the time to make it down to get you off in time, plus the increase in wind, if we do get some of these cells passing through as they have done all week.

John, I am willing to try every damn weekend from here on out until we get this trip done. You let me know when and we will pencil you in again.

Keith

doogue
08-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Keith,

No worries. It is better that we play it safe and sound when lightning and high winds might trap us out there.

Many thanks to Keith and John for their efforts.

Sean, Sunday morning in your special spot? What do you say?

-Mike

Smcdermott
08-08-2003, 11:26 PM
Keith and John,

Thanks for the efforts on this one. I for one would rather risk missing cows in the rip than test my skills as a human lightning rod.

Mike,
I will call you tomorrow afternoon/evening. Rerigging for a little recon tomorrow as we speak.

Sean

Jimmy
08-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Oh well. " Dems da Breaks." Thanks to both John and Keith. Better to be cautious than to throw caution to the wind. I'll make one of these things sooner or later.
The vacation is at its official end.:( :( :( :( :( But I'm still fishing on Saturday. Who's with me!!!:rolleyes:

striblue
08-08-2003, 11:35 PM
OK...got it.... no problem Keith... I will see you at 7 anyway incase some people show up...I know Big Dave will and Juro will also be there.... we will do SB..if the weather permits...

GregD
08-09-2003, 03:18 AM
Although I am anxious to get out on a rip trip, I can do without being a lightning rod too. Thanks John and Keith for your efforts we'll try again soon.

Tight Lines,
Greg.

BirdFish
08-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Thanks for for trying to put this together. I think we did the right thing thing in holding off.
Dave

FredA
08-09-2003, 08:00 AM
John,
Thanks again and again....

BigDave
08-11-2003, 02:54 PM
John thanks for trying to put this together anyway, fielding late night phone calls, trying to keep tabs on everyone. It's appreciated.

Can't do anything about the weather...we will get to the Rip sooner or later.

Jimmy didn't realize you were here on vaca - glad you got in such a unique day on the flats to round out your week!