Boneclave Feast 2003 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave Feast 2003

bcasey
08-07-2003, 06:35 PM
It has been suggested that we hold 2 nights group meals. I would like to suggest that dinner time is the right time to be on the water, some of us will be looking for a few stripers as well!
I say, Group meal on Saturday evening and we might be able to coax SSully into a mammouth breakfast on Sunday morning, provided we give him ALOT of support! I know how JBasser gets when he misses breakfast (no matter what time of day or night!)
So, lets get this thing crankin and start ponying up to the bar and offer some dish, side, appetizer or dessert you will be bringing. Remember to check the sign-up sheet for the headcount to allow enough for all or specify your quantities.
I'll start,

For the Saturday night feast:
My wife will be baking brownies for all.
I will bring enough shrimp and sauce to keep us all happy!

OK, jump on board and post what you can and I'll start a list in a day or two and things will shake out soon enough.

SSully, I hope I was not to forward in suggesting the breakfast thing, if your into it, maybe post what would be needed and if not, anyone else up to the task?

It's getting close, I'll be sifting thru the sign-up sheet and getting the details of who fishes with who or where, and how the boat shuttle to the island will work. STAY TUNED

juro
08-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Great idea!

I will bring a slab of smoked salmon, thin red onion slices and capers with some kind of horse d'ervies crackers.

Also, I will add some blackened bluefish fillet to the meal ticket, that should be easy enough of a promise to uphold. Who knows maybe it'll be bonito :D

bcasey
08-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Just spoke to my brother, he's in with stuffed quohogs for about 30.

bcasey
08-07-2003, 07:21 PM
BTW, who had that Bluefish Patte a couple of years back? I'm still lickin my chops over that stuff!;)

jfbasser
08-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Did I just hear someone say breakfast?:D :D :D :hehe: :hehe: :D

FrenchCreek
08-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Since I can't bring any world famous Mad Cows from Alberta, and the camp site does not allow Holy Peat Water, I'll share in the expenses and help with cooking. So Brian, if you can pick up some "good stuff" I'll take care of it when I get there. I may be able to get some "foodstuff" when Juro gets me to the Cape??

Slinger
08-07-2003, 09:15 PM
I was planning on about a peck of cherrystones and a big bottle of hot sauce!
Slinger

Papa-G
08-07-2003, 09:29 PM
I'll be bringing (actually make on site) an artichoke spread that goes great with crackers and whatever (Soda, Beer, wine or harder stuf).

See y'all there

P.S. - By the way Gregg, where is the Dutch Oven dessert?

mikez
08-07-2003, 10:16 PM
How are we set for coolers and ice? [I haven't checked the list].
I was gonna travel light as I'm only a passanger, but if there's space and ice enough in someone's cooler, I'll bring fixins for beef kabobs. On second thought, maybe I'll just try and squeeze a cooler into my carry on [boat], that way nobody'll have to make room for my stuff.

I'm also game to help out with the breakfast chores. I'm not a bad cook , just don't let my wife find out ;^]

ssully
08-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Hey Case,

I was wondering about that. Actually I tried to update my info. on the sign up sheet last night and it didn't take. Meaning I was into helping out with the meals and stuff.

Anyway I remember the group breakfast tradition and all but on the last outing it cut into the dawn blast off for fishing time. I guess it's really up to what everyone wants to do. I can do the same routine or I could bang out breakfast to go. Here's your egg, cheese, sausage, bacon, homefries on a bagel get the hell outta here and catch some fish for dinner... next heart attack victim. :hehe:

Your call. I'll bring the fixings but LEfty has to do the coffee. :devil:

BTW, Case not forward at all. If you keep that up were gonna have to have a 1st annual log rollin competition. I'm bringing my korkers:D Thanks for setting up the clave!

Sent you a PM.

Nick
08-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Here's your egg, cheese, sausage, bacon, homefries on a bagel get the hell outta here and catch some fish for dinner... next heart attack victim.

My kinda breakfast!

I can bring Cesaer Salad in a bag again. Seemed to work last time.

Nick

bcasey
08-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Startin to shape up reel nice. Just remember, he who lacks a donation to the group meal is the first on the list for the Log Rollin Contest! About another 20 or so listings and we will have one first class meal.
Steve, the cherrystones sound great, I'll bring my 22oz. hammer to open them!
Sean, I like to "TO GO" idea for breakfast.:smokin:

bcasey
08-08-2003, 05:14 PM
FrenchCreek,
We will probally go easy on you given the travel distance, your most likely one of them pro Log Rollers anyway. But, no promises!

PapaG,
Sounds Good, and it seems your memory is NOT failing yet, Gregg and desert, thanks for the reminder. Gregg????

Mikez,
Everyone should bring a bag of ice for the "cause" in addition to their own stash. With the staggered arrivals we may not even need to make a run if all will oblige! BTW, Good Cook huh? You may regret those words.:devil: Thanks for the offer, I have heard from SSully offline and Sunday morning, right before Mass, he's gonna need some help.

Nick,
You may need to use the 30 gal. trashbag size, this group is gonna be hungry after all the backing were gonna see.

Keep it coming guys!:eyecrazy:

shadfreak
08-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Case
I'm in for Pioneer Valley corn on the cob for all. I'm still thinking on something else but I don't know what yet.
Larry

Lefty
08-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Just back from vacay. Catchin up. (has the fall blitzes started yet?)

SSully's breakfast works best as a post morning fishing BRUNCH later in the weekend, Sundayish?

Me bringin salsa and chips. My garden is yielding big cukes too!

Lefty

bcasey
08-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Terry, I think your right about ssully's b-fast latter in the morning, give us a chance to hit the sunrise striper blitzing that should start with the new bait sources coming alive.

Slinger
08-11-2003, 10:12 PM
I like the idea of brunch and late dinner, you don`t wanna miss the witching hour! Gerry, my co-conspiritor, hasn`t decided what he`s bringing but I assure you it will be some primo grub. Somebody better bring the big 100 count bottle of Rolaids!
Slinger

Quentin
08-11-2003, 11:01 PM
I'd like to contribute but I won't be arriving until Sunday morning, which means I'll miss the Saturday feast, and I doubt that I'll want to stop fishing after I've only been there a couple hours so I'll probably skip the Sunday brunch as well (no offense ssully).

Any thoughts as to what other consumables we may need for Sunday and/or Monday? Even if we don't do anything fancy we'll still need to eat. Maybe some burgers and dogs so people can grab a bite if they get hungry?

Q

Hawkeye
08-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Cobbler from me and there are other needs I'll be happy to contribute. I'm realllly looking forward to this. I have only been fishing three times this year.

JimW
08-14-2003, 12:34 PM
Chuck and I are going to bring a bunch of marinated chicken breast for the grill.

You guys ever consider charcol for grilling vs. the little gas grills?

Lefty
08-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Never considered it, but charcoal is always better if you got the time to get it going. You bringing it Jim?

JimW
08-14-2003, 02:05 PM
I can bring it but I need to locate a grill. Do you think a weber kettle would do the trick or would we need something bigger?

bcasey
08-14-2003, 06:21 PM
I had to run and find the "Rules and Regulations" to confirm,

FIRES:
Open fires are NOT allowed (304 CMR 12.13)
Only contained portable stoves with a cover, using man-made fuel and charcoal grills are allowed.

So, go ahead and flame away. Just not at me!:D

ssully
08-16-2003, 11:38 PM
Gotta know what's it gonna be?

A chew and screw Sunday morning or a catered afternoon brunch?

JimW
08-17-2003, 11:56 AM
I vote for the brunch. Might give us a chance to change things up on the boats if need be. Those departing on Sunday can break camp, everyone can help with the cleanup, you won't have to wake up an hour early, etc...

I don't know how this works out with the tide, that's something to consider. I like to get on the water at first light and catch the sunrise. The Saturday night feast should take us through til mid-day anyway.:D

bcasey
08-17-2003, 05:53 PM
I agree, let's do the Brunch thing!:smokin:

ssully
08-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Oakly Doakly!

Noonish?? Hate to miss the morning bite.

What the heck are the tides anyway?

FredA
08-18-2003, 07:19 AM
9.00 - 10:00 am high in the vicinity on Sunday.