08-07-2003, 07:36 AM
Not looking too good in terms of possible thunderstorms. So are there any backup plans. I'm in commuter mode this weekend so I'm thinking of shooting down to look at an upper cape bayside spot or two if the Rip trip is called off. Who's doin what?
This mornings NOAA report sounds promising, although it's been pretty up and down lately. I am trying to talk the family into a Cape weekend which would put me in the running for a rip trip on Sat, possibly. Still working on it and I hope the stars align.
Here's my favorite weather link:
08-07-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm dragging the yak up for a paddle in Nausset with the Stripermoon gang on Saturday - all welcome - meet at Harry Koon's 9:00 a.m. if interested or see you out there.
I like NOAA :D - much more optimistic and hopefully more accurate than weather.com - that must be the most pessimistic weather forecasting system out there.
Hope the Rip Trip comes off and you guys have a field day.
No firm plans for Sunday yet. I may make an early start back to CT or stop off for a paddle on route ....
08-07-2003, 12:45 PM
I would be interested in hitting the bayside with you if the Rip Trip does not work out.
Just FYI. I am also game for hitting the light.
Hope to see you soon,
08-07-2003, 01:27 PM
The Trip is still on... but Keep an eye on the board...I will reconfirm the list of participants tonight... Fred, the Bay side looks good... South Beach is barren....nothing... I will try North Monomoy tomprrow... I am suppose to meet Dave Peirson Saturday to do some scoting with him...he has no charter that day...That is if the Rip trip does not come off. I will speak to you by telephone.
08-07-2003, 08:31 PM
One of the best investments I made was to get a handheld marine radio. The weather forcast is the same one that all the charter captains listen to. You can pretty much tell in advance if the trip will be on or not by listening to the forcast.