General question for the BoardMeisters ..Sean? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: General question for the BoardMeisters ..Sean?

fredaevans
08-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Occationally get a message saying "your PM box is full." Keep (or at least I thought I was!) keeping this bugger cleaned out of "old stuff."

I'm (and I'm sure many others) are missing something here. How many/what are they? should be be going into and hitting the del. button.
fae

Quentin
08-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Fred,

I had the same problem and I'm sure others do as well. In order to fully clean out your PM box, set the "show messages from" box to "the beginning", put checks in the boxes to the right of all the messages you want to delete and click "delete". Do this for each folder (inbox, sent messages, message tracking). For message tracking click on "end tracking". You may need to do this a couple times for each box because the screen may not show all of the messages the first time if there are too many.

You can prevent messages from being stored in your "sent items" and "message tracking" boxes by setting the options at the bottom of the screen when you create a new message. Uncheck the boxes that say "save a copy" and "request read receipt" if you don't care about using those options.

Hope this helps!

Q

fredaevans
08-05-2003, 08:32 PM
didn't have didly in any of them as I clean them out on a regular basis.

How many can we have (in each section) before we tap out?
fae:confused:

sean
08-05-2003, 08:45 PM
A total of 30 in all folders is the max allowed limit. Most people clear out the inbox but forget to clear out the sent ones which quickly add up.

-sean

juro
08-06-2003, 06:34 AM
Sean -

With the server upgraded I think we can raise that to 100. I wonder if there is an easy way to change that setting across the board?

I will go take a peek behind the curtain...

juro
08-06-2003, 06:49 AM
OK -

I think I was able to set the max PM limit across all folders to 100. It's really important to clean out "sent" or set to not retain sent messages as Quentin so thoroughly explained.

If our resources end up getting hammered we'll have to lower the limits again but for now we're all set.

A neat little trick is to click on the un-labelled box at the upper right of the message list and all messages will be selected for deletion or moving to a folder, etc. This makes it easy to clean out a folder in the event you should need to.