New CAC Lawn Ornament [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: New CAC Lawn Ornament

striblue
08-03-2003, 11:33 AM
Now I know you guys are going to want one of these...no more snowmen, pink flamingo's, a religious thing, or frogs, bird baths.... but my mother-in-law gave this to me for my birthday... The perfect lawn ornement by far....

FredA
08-03-2003, 12:29 PM
I want one. But it has to have a beard and a scowl on its face.

Striper
08-03-2003, 07:50 PM
John,
That is an ornament worthy of CAC adornment. I would not have a problem putting that in my yard. Where did she get it. I may have to have my fish mounted on a base that I can affix to my mailbox now.:D

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo

striblue
08-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Mike..I will have to find out where my Mother-in-law got it... but it even has a wire line, and hook which I attatched to a branch... I will not leave it out all the time... Although, beleve it or not it is copper and looks like it was made well. The only real problem is that the man is wearing waders:D

Doc Duprey
08-03-2003, 08:11 PM
John,

I couldn't help but notice the hose in the picture. Does it connect? If so, where does the water emerge? Could be the reason for the waders?

Best regards,

-Doc

striblue
08-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Doc... a good observation and you beat Dave Fix to it... but I must assure you that the hose is a legitimate garden hose attached to a sprayer.... It is not the Trevi fountain... although.... I wonder........if......I :devil:

Dble Haul
08-03-2003, 09:54 PM
John....I didn't know that you had a Mini-Me. :devil:

Dr. Evil must be jealous!

JDJones
08-04-2003, 01:21 AM
This would look great beside the Koy pond. Not only that, but hooked up to a timer. could also keep the pond full. Find out where she got it.

><///('>
JD

DFix
08-04-2003, 08:45 AM
(grumble, grumble, grumble - damn! - Thanks, Steve - steal my only shot at him in this thread!:eyecrazy: - p.s. - great idea, by the way!)

John - DO NOT LEAVE HIM UNGUARDED! - Some of us know how to use various tools such as drills and soldering torches. He COULD become your next sprinkler :cool: after some black-of-night modification! :devil:

Obviously, I'm jealous - looking forward to hearing from where this item is made available :whoa: :smokin:

John - is the wireline setup stainless or monel?:chuckle:

steelheadmike
08-04-2003, 08:53 AM
I know where you can get those fisherman yard ornaments. You can purchase them at The Christmas Tree Shops.

striblue
08-04-2003, 11:22 AM
Steelhead is right.. She told me she bought it at the Christmas Tree shop...

DFix
08-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Then there wouldn't be any real fun in doctoring yours up if they're readily available - who wants in on buying them up and making sprinklers out of 'em??? :devil:

jfbasser
08-04-2003, 01:01 PM
How can Striblue refer to that as a lawn ornament? Given the surroundings in the pic it seems that "weed ornament" is more appropriate.:hehe: :D :smokin: :chuckle:

OC
08-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Couldn't see what type of rod he was fishing. But looks like a two hand rod from how the hands are set. Is this one of Juro's new salt rods we are wating on?

JDJones
08-04-2003, 02:33 PM
If I were still in So. Ca. I am sure I could find a Christmas Tree Shop. But here in Southern Oregon? Even a search on google only turned up a few places on the New England coast. And that website didn't work very well. Can someone post a link without the forum police getting upset? :devil: Or just PM me a link to where I can get one of these things?

><///('>
Thanks,
JD