Uk Swff [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Uk Swff

Stevo
07-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Anyone coming to England during August and just can't manage to leave the fly rods at home!

Weymouth, in Dorset, is the place to fish during this month.
Lots of species to be caught from boat and shore alike.

Have a good one, whatever you do.

Nick
07-31-2003, 10:16 AM
Not August, but maybe next spring. I'll have to put a message up to see what's cooking then!

Stevo
07-31-2003, 10:21 AM
Nick

Either that or send me a PM nearer the time.
If the salt isn't fishing we have one or two rivers that are worth a shot!!!!!:hehe:

Adrian
07-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Steve

As an ex-pat originally from North Devon I'm very interested in how swff is taking off in the UK. There are some old haunts of mine along the N. Devon coast that I'm looking forward to checking out with the long rod one day. I just never seem to be back over there at the right time of year. I'm going back next March for a wedding but that might be a bit early.

Let us know how you get on.

Stevo
07-31-2003, 04:38 PM
Adrian
I think March is probably to early in the SWFF calender.
The sport is still very much in it's infancy, but every year see's an increase in numbers and interest.
North Devon is still one of the better area's to flyfish, but it is definitely not the US, with regards species or size of fish!
Quaint though.:)

capt_gordon
08-01-2003, 08:22 AM
Adrian,
Steve is selling himself short. You should see the photos of the sea bass he sends me that he caught on fly from shore. If there is a better saltwater flyrodder working the english shoreline, I would like to meet him.

Adrian
08-01-2003, 11:20 AM
I would love to see some of those photos posted here. The European sea bass is a class fish in all respects - come on Steve - lets see 'em!

Also. have you had any luck with mullet? I know how difficult they can be to fool but they're supposed to be awesome. I know several spots where they run plentiful and large. :smokin:

Stevo
08-02-2003, 05:50 AM
Gordo, Adrian...

Not sure i can post the photo's on the forum, but you can see some of my fish on www.oceanflies.com
Both on the front page and the gallery section.

Gordo, you are too kind!
When are you coming over Bro?

capt_gordon
08-02-2003, 08:32 AM
check it out
http://www.flyfish-nc.com/stevobasss.jpg

Stevo
08-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Dude...You are a clever boy!

It looks quite good.
Cheers me old china!

capt_gordon
08-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Yeah the bottom half of the picture looks great. Sorry about the top half, the part with the hat in it.:D

Stevo
08-02-2003, 12:15 PM
HA-HA...
At least my head fits in a hat!:hehe:

capt_gordon
08-02-2003, 12:35 PM
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: