Tough Fishing- July 26,27 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Tough Fishing- July 26,27

striblue
07-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Very odd yesterday... went out with Jimmy To South Beach...Juro headed to North Nonomoy...One bueatifull day... But did not hook up on the Ocean...But it was an incomming tide and the Ocean seems to produce on the dropping... Then inside and we did not see many fish... only a few schools... Today... went with Jimmy again and Juro to South beach...overcast and wind at 20 to 25 at 8 am... Nothing on the beach so we moved inside...Wind Picked up to 30 and overcast.... Jim and I stopped and waited for the 12:45 ferry... Bumped into JayM and his brother ...we sat out for over an hour... Juro stayed and he will no doubt come up with something... If the wind dies down and it gets sunny we will do North Monomoy tomrrow

bgabel
07-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Striblue,
I saw you out there on Saturday and introduced myself. I also had a very tough day. Saw plenty of fish but could not even interest them with flies. I also didn't see anyone else catch a fish on the fly rod. Two of the guys I was fishing with caught a few on sluggos.

Paxton
07-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Add the 28th to that list of poor fishing. Beautiful day, saw no more than 50 fish in 7 hrs.. 30 of them were just circling for 1 1/2 hrs in the same spot....they laughed at everything we tried....only one follow. The rest were singles and doubles with no interest in anything. Will be tying a grenade fly tomorrow:whoa:
Not much in the water except some shrimp....they didn't like our look alikes. But still a fun day.....beats staining the house. Hope any of you going out this week have better success.
Ron

jfbasser
07-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Always fish to be had at the Ditch with the Squidda:D