BFT permit [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BFT permit

07-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Where can you get a BFT permit? I didn't know I needed one, but one of the guy's on the forum said I would. What does one cost? Can I get one where I get my fresh water license, places like Wal Mart?

07-28-2003, 05:32 AM
Craig, Go to site That will give all the latest info.

07-28-2003, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the link artb.

07-28-2003, 12:45 PM
The way I read it, it is the boat that needs the permit and not the angler's on it. Can anyone comfirm this?

07-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Yes Craig. The boat gets the permit. Anyone on the boat can fish for any of the HMS covered by the permit. I believe the current regs for BFT are 1 tuna per person on the boat up to 6 tuna with the length being 27" to 72" curved fork length. Double check those sizes though as I'm going off the top of my head. One fish larger than 72" (again recheck that number) can be kept per season/per boat.