Phoenix, OR or Phoenix, Arizona?? Take your [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Phoenix, OR or Phoenix, Arizona?? Take your

fredaevans
07-22-2003, 12:17 AM
pick.

At 7 PM this evening it was 103.7 degrees.

Sheesh!
:>(
fae

flytyer
07-22-2003, 12:32 AM
Fred,

It has been pushing 90 up here in Northern Puget Sound as well.

fredaevans
07-22-2003, 12:46 AM
Just kidding; lived in the Seattle area for many years and 85+ were far more than I wanted to 'experience.' Actual problem is your 'bloods' too thick; a year in Calif. will thin it out and you'll be more than comfortable at those temps.

:hehe:

NrthFrk16
07-22-2003, 01:27 AM
It has been so bloody hot around here, I actually wet waded today for the first time in years. I was surprised how comfortable I stayed and will likely be doing the same tomorrow.

On a scary little side note...I took a temperature reading from the Upper Sky last evening and she was at 62 degrees!! :whoa:

kjackson
07-23-2003, 12:40 PM
I can sympathize with your situation, Fred. Two of the reasons we moved from Spokane was the 95+ days and fires. Even though we lived in the city, close to downtown, we were on the edge of a fire evacuation zone twice and could see trees crowning from our front porch once.

So we moved. This morning I was fishing, dressed in jeans, denim shirt, fleece sweater and waders. I needed gloves because my fingers got cold... and I'm no sissy about low temps. Of course, I was standing hip deep in 52 degree water.

Didn't catch any salmon or even have a bite, but I did get to play with the new spey rod and even made a couple of pretty decent casts.

There is a lot to be said for living surrounded by saltwater.

Keith

fredaevans
07-23-2003, 02:59 PM
predicted for the area. Yesterday prediction was 106 ... but capped out at a "balmy" 104. Today 100-101, with predicted cooling to the high 90's for the rest of the week.

Only good thing is the humidity and temp have a reverse relationship. One up, the other down.
fae

KerryS
07-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Fred, growiing up in Deadford, OR I remember a summer when the temps were over 100 degrees for 30+ days straight. I lived in the river.

fredaevans
07-24-2003, 10:10 AM
a resident; not a whole lot has changed since you moved. More Doctor's, Lawyers, fewer Merchant Chiefs. Ton more Calif. retired folks.

The statistic's are most interesting around here: per capita, the I-5 strip between Ashland to Grants Pass has more milionaires than any other place in the US. And I believe it.

One large retirement community is reputed to have at least 300 just within it's grounds.

fae

KerryS
07-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I don't miss Deadford or that area. When they dammed the Rogue, then the Applegate I left pissed and never got over it. Doubt I will ever return. I think about it but doubt I ever will.

I heard though that the dam on Bear Creek was removed.

fredaevans
07-28-2003, 02:35 PM
100 degrees. Offical temp yesterday was 104, but saw several signs (including the one in Joan's car) that said 108.

Enough already!
:eyecrazy:

Tough to get yourself up for an evening fishing (after work) when it's still close to 100 even at sundown.
fae

fredaevans
07-29-2003, 08:36 PM
thinking this is a tad too warm .... then they showed Redding, Calif. 115????

Now that, short of Death Valley, is:eyecrazy: too much!
fae