websites gfor steelhead and atlantic salmonflies?? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: websites gfor steelhead and atlantic salmonflies??

G.P
07-21-2003, 09:45 AM
any good suggestions guys:confused: :smokin:

Dble Haul
07-21-2003, 09:55 AM
How about this website?

Scroll down to the Archive of Steelhead and Salmon Flies. There's plenty there.

BobK
07-21-2003, 12:31 PM
A good site is

www.steelheader.net

and get on the Java chat room, and scroll down to Fly Fishing. One of the topics there is tying flies and jigs, and has some complete tutorials on tying up some VERY neat patterns.

BobK

willmullis
07-21-2003, 01:41 PM
I think Bobk spelled the link wrong as it should be steel instead of steal! :p

BobK
07-21-2003, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Will and Steelheader - I spelled it wrong. Darn it!

Anyway, I edited it and corrected it. Thanks for keeping me honest, guys.

BobK

fredaevans
07-21-2003, 07:37 PM
the Steelheader.net board. Several of us participate here on a regular basis; good folks, zero flaming that I've seen .... probably because ST69 is one of the main monitors. He runs a clean ship as they would say.

In the fly/jig section (Access all the internal stuff under the "bulletin board") which is one of the areas 'run' by Jerry. Has several great how-to's on tieing several flys. The photo work connected with this is first rate stuff.

fae

Steelheader69
07-22-2003, 01:45 AM
I'm surprised you guys like the place. Just took over helm a few months ago. Not the best flytyer, but thought I'd help others out. Had a pretty set way I wanted to run things. Guys keep showing up. I do appreciate the kind words. Plus, site owner is a good friend of mine, so was more then happy to help him out when he asked me to take over.

Dang Fred. Don't get me blushing. Still figured that dang camera out. Getting REALLY close to great pics. Gonna buy another light just for pics. One of these days I'll have EVERY pic perfect. LOL

BobK
07-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Take a look at his pics and judge for yourself - I haven't seen a bad one yet! So don't give us the shy "Awww, shucks......" routine - stand up and take a bow for the good work!

BobK:D

Steelheader69
07-22-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks Bob. I've just seen some REALLY good and CONSISTENTLY clear pics. I think I need a tripod and then a good backup light. But I judge off that. Same with my flies. I know I'm not the worse, but know I'm far from the best as well. Alot of top notch tyers out there. But figured I can help out alot of those learning. Heck, even helped out some who have tied for decades with that Tape trick on the walkers. Shocked me.

But thanks again. Nice to know I'm appreciated.