Rogue River summer run predictions. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rogue River summer run predictions.

fredaevans
07-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Long article in todays local paper predicting this fall could see the largest run of summer run fish since the late 1980's. Which is saying something since last years tally was about 23,000 fish through the counter.

Fish are showing up in good numbers already in the top 30 miles of river. And better yet? The Fall Kings are already running up the lower river ... and we're waaaay early on these fellows.

Anyway, you can read the entire atricle in a day or so when it goes online at wwwmailtribune.com. Go to the sports section, hunting and fishing stuff by Mark Freeman. The Trib. has a long fish report each Thursday morning. Most of the info is actually reasonably accurate ...

fae

skyrise
07-17-2003, 10:31 PM
Glad to see there are some rivers holding/getting fish. Not too good up here for puget sound rivers. All we can do is hope it will get better up here. Or wait for the Salmon.

fredaevans
07-17-2003, 10:42 PM
going on vis a vis 'lack of population' - development to bug the fish from the mouth of the river to RM 155 which is where the Warm Springs dam is located.

If you scan a map, from top to bottom, all but a tiny fraction of it runs through undeveloped areas. About 15 miles below Grants pass the only way you can access the river until a few miles (less Agness) is by boat. And even that's regulated to keep it under control.

Fish are free to do their 'fish thing' for most of the way to their spawning areas.
fae

gstrand
07-18-2003, 01:13 PM
I saw three fish pulled from that same place this morning. It was pretty crowded (six people) so I moved on.

Here is the article:

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2003/0717/sport/stories/01sport.htm

I'll be floating further upriver tomorrow... we'll see how it goes.

-Gus