Bayside, 7/12 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bayside, 7/12

FredA
07-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Hit the water at 6:30 am, off at 8:30. Neat, eiry fog, cold water and a couple of nice fish helped make up for the skunking Friday. Felt my way out to a trough with bars that would get me back as the water filled in. Picked up a couple of fiesty schoolies in the 22 to 27 inch range before I had to back in with the tide. Didn't feel like waiting for the more inshore troughs to fill in so called it quits. Expecting better things tommorow with a little later turn and another day removed from the sloppy weather. That east wind seems like it dropped the water temp a good 10 degrees.

South Beach on Friday was fishless but fun fishing with the likes of striblue, Fluff Fix and Mr. Basser. Fluff and Basser had me up late drinking scotch and in stitches Thurs. night so I was a little tired. Also had to keep one eye open while trying to sleep because striblue said the Fix guy tends go and wander the nieghborhood late at night. Sometimes I get the impression those two guys don't like each other.

jfbasser
07-12-2003, 08:39 AM
Was producing quality:D fish this am on the East turn. First one got me thinking that I needed a bigger handle for the Squidda.Need to drop the apparent gear ratio abit:D So there are more on the way Fred.

Just checked pga.com and it is true that Furyk is looking for a new caddy. Word is that Fluff will be carrying the Winstons for a 5% cut on the featherbrain revenue:hehe:

striblue
07-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Fred..Dave and i Like each other that's why we poke fun at each other... In fact I was looking for him last night to take him to North monomoy but you let me know he back was acting up and he left for Home...saw Big Dave ..then Juro on South Beach.

FredA
07-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Geez John, I know you and Dave are best of buds. Can't you let the myth (or mirth) live on? Guess I need to start usin those emotion thingy's.

Any fish out there today?

DFix
07-12-2003, 02:50 PM
Just want to say I had a great day spending time with friends. Looking forward to another hearty attempt at joining the Monomoy Veterans Association.

Striblue, sorry I missed your attempt to go out to NM; the leg and back just weren't gonna allow it. Another time, perhaps?

Oh, BTW - what color is the new vehicle - Spring Cone Green or Dark Fall Pitch Brown - sure hope you don't stick to it too much! :razz:

Fred -

Again, many thanks to you and your lovely wife for your hospitality and kindness. :D (Let me know what you think of the Conemobile when you see it :whoa: )

striblue
07-12-2003, 06:15 PM
FRED!!!!!!You let your wife meet him??????????.. Your have some guts that's for sure. I guess she doen't scare easy.:devil: