Forum Hat's Beat to Hell [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Forum Hat's Beat to Hell

juro
07-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Don't know about you guys but my Forum Hat's tattered. It's a first generation original, and in retrospect the extra $ we paid for quality hats paid it's dividends in long lasting shade and style :smokin:

But I need a new hat, and if anyone wants one please review this post and reply here. I will consider your reply your commitment to buy as we will need to prepay the order to get them made.

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk3/showthread.php?&threadid=6027&highlight=forum+hats

Hawkeye
07-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Though mine still has a good bit of wear left to it it is indeed beat to hell. I'm in for a new one.

Adrian
07-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Always in need of a new one - put me down :D

Eddie
07-10-2003, 01:07 PM
I'll take a couple. What cor choices? Any in Tactel? I like the lighter material when it's hot.

juro
07-10-2003, 01:58 PM
I love tactel, and Imperial of Denver makes the best. I have talked to them but must warn you these premium hats come with a much sharper price tag.

It's possible to go to any office swag catalog and find really cheap hats, but in the end you get... well really cheap hats! Not interesting to me, I prefer to pay for quality and have something that lasts a long time like the last round of hats we purchased, which were above average quality but not quite tactel Imperials.

We'll start at the level we did last round and get quotes all the way up to the premiums to see what kind of order size we can generate.

flytyer
07-10-2003, 02:24 PM
I'll take 2 in all Khaki green.

John Desjardins
07-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Any chance of a winter weight hat? Maybe an Imperial #8500?

MarkDoogue
07-11-2003, 12:53 AM
I'm in for any hat, regardless of price.

In the last few years I've expanded my horizons through certain business transactions. Let me get some prices on different hats and I'll send them along to Juro and all other concerned parties.

juro
07-11-2003, 08:46 AM
We're approaching our numbers... I'll pull the trigger when we hit 50 hats.

Mark - thanks as usual, I look forward to getting the info.

Dble Haul
07-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Here's the orders from those who posted recent requests in last year's thread (now closed):

Bob Pauli: one khaki and green

macspey: one all khaki, one sand/blue

rich D: one all khaki

sjs: one khaki and green

doogue
07-11-2003, 12:27 PM
If the hats are considerably different from the first generation hats then I am in for sure.

I would love to see a logo. Suess - I know that you have formal training in graphic design!

If we went to a Tactel hat then I would be interested too.

To my brother - the man that claimed he would buy "any hat at any price". I have an old junky hat. I took it and I used a permanent magic marker and wrote "Flyfishing Forum" across the hat. For you, since you are my brother (and since I used a permanent marker), the price is $1000 USD.

Sorry, no personal checks...

Chris
07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I was hoping an order would be placed this year.
Put me down for one SOLID STONE. I'd pay a premium price if it meant a little extra went for server costs.

juro
07-11-2003, 03:39 PM
14 so far... target 50 to bring price down.

I would like to go with Imperial Tactel, either solid or two-tone. We must have 12 of a color to get it.

The cost per hat with embroidery will be approximately $15 plus something for shipping (a buck or two). If we do not use our existing embroidery digital tape file (DST file) there will be an additional cost to spread across the order TBD.

Here are the color options for two tone:

http://imperialheadwear.com/images/cat_layers_1097.gif

And for solid:

http://imperialheadwear.com/images/cat_layers_1067.gif

Note: We must get 12 per color to order. I think this may require an order form program to sort colors and each party will need to make 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. to promote grouping of like colors.

juro
07-11-2003, 03:54 PM
We should probably sort two-tones into either stone/mocha and gray/olive to reduce fragmentation of choices.

For solids, stone and olive sound good.

This would result in 48 hats if everyone played along.

Thoughts?

sjs
07-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Forgive me, but I am extremely challenged when it comes to computers. I am still trying to figure out how to get the money to the correct place. Perhaps it is too early for that and instructions will follow, but if not, I would be grateful for some advice.

Also, if you haven't already reached your desired number of orders, I would like to order another one. I would prefer all kahki but any color would be fine. Thanks.

Dana
07-13-2003, 10:42 AM
I'll take 2, any color, whatever works for the order.

jimS
07-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Juro, here is my order for two hats. Anything with a green brim.

Have you thought about a logo hat that has flaps to cover the ears, similar to the one you wear?

Simms

Eddie
07-13-2003, 02:35 PM
How about we all pay 20 bucks, and the Forum can apply the surplus towards operating costs, or more hats (to sell for $25 to others who will no doubt want one too). I like the stone and the olive too. Not so sure about the two tone. Tougher to please everyone.

Nick
07-14-2003, 08:20 AM
I'll take one...with a dark under brim please! ;)

juro
07-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by jimS
Juro, here is my order for two hats. Anything with a green brim.

Have you thought about a logo hat that has flaps to cover the ears, similar to the one you wear?

Simms

I thought about the flats hat w/ logo but that would be a special order in and of itself. We'd have to get min. qty out of the SWFF crew to get the price down and it would be another company. Imperial makes a flats hat but it's more of a double ender than a convertible flap hat which I prefer.

We could look into it though!

craig
07-14-2003, 09:48 AM
I vote that we look into it. I would like a flats hat.

tomd
07-14-2003, 10:16 AM
put me in for one! anything with a dark brim, Tom D

doogue
07-14-2003, 12:10 PM
I like Eddie's idea of just getting people to agree to pay a flat rate that will more than cover costs. At least that makes it easy to guage how many people are in at a given price.

Also, I like the idea of a Juro style flats hat. I have a million baseball hats and I would be willing to pay for something a little different. So would other flats rats. It might be a better bet for selling hats at shows.

I also like the idea of a logo. To keep costs cheap it would even be cool to just put a single color view of Monomoy (viewed from above) on the hats or something like that. Then again that might look like seagull #$%&. Hmmm....

Incorporating some Forum text around a simple logo would be great.

My thoughts...

Mike

KerryS
07-14-2003, 07:10 PM
What the hell I'll take one.....................

NrthFrk16
07-15-2003, 02:29 AM
It wouldn't hurt to add to my already nice little collection Forum hats...although I would definately love to have a good flats hat as I need one for an upcoming trip to Xmas Is.

andre
07-15-2003, 10:55 AM
Sign me up!

Dble Haul
07-15-2003, 03:02 PM
One off white/coffee for Bardy.

Chris
07-17-2003, 11:29 AM
I know the wish list is getting a bit out of hand BUT...

How about something in a light weight quick dry fabric- something a little cooler. the canvas is great but I over heat in them sometimes. One PNW large name outfit has them and with a good terry sweat band and long bill it's my favorite hat. A bit nasty from use though and could use a replacement.

That said it might be more managable at this point to limit the color options to meet the minimum #'s requirement. It may simplify things.
My .02

juro
07-17-2003, 02:28 PM
he TACTEL fabric is just that, yet not a thin fabric either. Tthe only downside is the 12 per color limitation of Imperial. Best hat on the market IMHO.

JimW
07-17-2003, 02:41 PM
I'll take a hat. I don't really care what color they are, so long as they are not made of straw. This WILL help me catch more and bigger fish, right?lately.:D

Better make it 2 - I've been losing a lot of hat on the boat

juro
07-17-2003, 02:56 PM
Looks like we have enough for an order, next is to get groups of 12 per color sorted out. Might be a job for a sign-up sheet...

sean
07-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Do they have infant sizes? My new kid would be proud to promote the forum to all his daycare friends.

Also put me down for a couple.

-sean

JimW
07-17-2003, 03:58 PM
I may have a script or two for the hats. I'll need some more info but I can start working on it.

Chris
07-17-2003, 04:49 PM
I guess I missed the part Eddie brought up about the TACTEL, sounds good to me.

flyfisha1
01-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Did the hats ever get ordered? If so, Crap!

Hammer
01-22-2004, 01:51 PM
when you fish a day er' two,,,hammer wants on the boat,,anycolor but the red,,i have a buddy who does this sorta stuff by the way,,?,,i know he's wanting to take a boat ride!????,are you locked into a supplier?:confused:

removed_by_request
01-23-2004, 09:01 AM
I'll toss my hat into the ring for a hat.

Either gray/olive , stone/mocha, or stone/whatever we need to make 12

juro
01-23-2004, 09:44 AM
I'll put an order together next week after the Somerset show.

paul locke
02-05-2004, 04:05 AM
hi,just found hat debate. count me in for 2 , anythying sober, olive, forest, sounds good but i'll go with the flow, and happy to pay for best quality and postage to uk! hope i'm not too late

BigDave
02-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Juro if you order the Tactel hats count me in for any color as long as it's neutral.

Love Doogue's idea of a basic logo of the refuge...that would be cool.

striblue
02-05-2004, 09:36 AM
I like the idea of a new logo if that is being considered..the Monomoy one is good...But this forum is nation wide so I think it would be best to come up with one that meets all areas.

Brian Simonseth
02-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Juro,
I'll take 4
They tell me I've got a square head:chuckle:

jamie
02-16-2004, 10:57 AM
I will take two, not bothered about the colour, whatever is easiest. Can you send them to the UK?

Naturally I am happy to cover the postage costs.

longrod
02-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Juro, would like one hat in any neutral color that helps meet order min. Also would like flats hat if available.