Rowing Across the Atlantic [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rowing Across the Atlantic

striblue
07-08-2003, 10:26 PM
Here is a picture of the guy and his boat that has crossed the atlantic a couple times..taken at Stage Harbor entrance in Chatham, Mass. Going out one morning we past him coming in from a exercise run...quite a row boat. The speed was incredible ..he was really moving....

Dble Haul
07-09-2003, 11:46 AM
That's pretty freaking amazing to look at.....:eyecrazy:

fishinbyfly
07-09-2003, 05:16 PM
yes, that is amazing. The boat looks really cool also. I think where the glass skylight thing is, there is a room, to sleep in and be out of the storms.

Quentin
07-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Very cool! I wonder if he has fishing gear on board :hehe:

Q

gordonh
07-10-2003, 12:12 PM
see oceanrowing.com for details about these "adventures", you can even find a boat to buy that is designed for this stuff on the site.

I did follow Tori Murden's attempt to cross a couple years ago through this site and was impressed. A hurricane finally went over her as she approached Europe and her rowboat became the basket in the washing machine; she got pitchpoled etc. At least she survived and went on to success on a later attempt. [And despite being injured, she did wait until the storm died out before triggering her EPIRB (?) to avoid risking other lives. It one thing to put your life at risk deliberately, another to ask others to put theirs at risk to save you.]

striblue
07-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Thanks everyone...I knew if I posted we would get more details about this... the boat was in the Chatham 4th of July Parade... I did not see it there..just saw it as we were heading out of Stage Harbor and my buddy told me about it so I took a picture.