Montauk Guide [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Montauk Guide

Brad
07-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Can anyone recommend a Montauk Guide for September. Has anyone ever heard of Amanda Switzer?

Thanks
Brad

JimW
07-07-2003, 12:43 PM
I've heard the name. A book tittled - 'The Moon Pulled Up an Acre of Bass' mentioned her as a Montauk area guide. It's a great read.

FishHawk
07-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Saw her in action last year at the Redbone Tournament. Both her sports had albies on multiple times and landed them. FishHawk

Striper
07-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Hey that was me with you wasn't it Fishawk? Amanda is indeed a Montauk guide with alot of high praise from alot of well known flyfisherpeople. I have met her on 2 occasions on the water and she could not have been anymore nice to me. I have even had a couple of email correspondences with her. Man she is a looker too:devil: There are alot of guides in the Montauk area in Sept. as the hardtail run is prime time for that area in Sept. That book is a great read, a friend of mine sent the book to me to read and it was excellent. I also saw Amanda guiding Jose Wejebe last Sept. out at Montauk, I wasn't sure if it was him or not and didn't want to bother them, but Amanda told me later that I should have come over and said hello as Jose is a great guy and would have enjoyed talking with me. I have seen her get her clients into alot of fish you would not be making a bad choice going out with her, I would contact early though, like right now!

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo

FishHawk
07-10-2003, 05:48 AM
Yes Mike that was me in your boat that day had a great. Hope we can do it again this Albie season. Will contact you when it get close. Brad I sent you a PM. FishHawk:smokin:

Brad
07-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the input. We will try for mid Sept. Hopefully the albies will be in town.

Brad