Bayside, 6/27, On Saturday On Friday [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bayside, 6/27, On Saturday On Friday

FredA
06-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Had the pleasure of joining Penguin for a morning of fishing on his Beamer powered, go figure, hull. Pete has a fun and perverse sense of humor, as we all know. Things began a bit ominous when after putting das boot in the water, I ran back to the car to get my gear and on returning to board, there's Pete hooked up to what was to be the fish of the day, at the dock. Too easy. Spent some time on a flat early on the flood waiting for the hoards that never showed up. As we proceeded to relocate we came upon birds and breaking fish and spent the next hour or two catching twenty- something schoolies with thirty-something fish teasing us. Lots of fun and I got to refine my two step and line management skills. Thanks a bunch Pete.

Penguin
06-27-2003, 11:56 PM
For the benefit of the "casual observer"...
"Saturday" is a 17' aquatic assault vehicle sanitized (for your protection) mini-V hull centre console powered by what can only be described as a "special" hi-tech German "prototype"...
Trailered from/stored at the "restricted" Area 61 Marine Resource Management Unit...
Phred's line dancing was something to behold (large pheet/small boat)...no one phell in and no one got hurt (although I did remove a self-inflicted fhly from someone's shirt back) and the general public was never in any serious danger...
Photos at eleven...or soonerorlater...

Now accepting applications from LargeStripes...
TeenieStripes need not apply!

It's always nice to start off with a skunk repelling first cast phish...

jfbasser
06-28-2003, 11:26 AM
As of true Saturday am at the Ditch, two hours into the east turn, some of those thirties couldn't pass up the 4 oz bucktail offered with the modified Penn Squidda:hehe:
I think I let a few Large get by:D , they should be Bayside by the evening tide:smokin: Good luck