CFR flies have been sent [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: CFR flies have been sent

Dble Haul
06-27-2003, 01:00 PM
I sent the donations out today, along with a letter. Here's a copy of the letter:

-----------------------------------------

Casting for Recovery
PMB 257, 946 Great Plain Ave.
Needham, MA 02492

Stan Golub
Associate Director

Mr. Golub:

On behalf of the Worldwide Flyfishing Forum (www.flyfishingforum.com), I am proud to be able to offer this donation of flies that have been tied by some of our generous members. We believe very strongly that your organizationís mission is positive and just, and we are very happy to be able to contribute with our donations. Although our tying efforts pale in comparison to the tasks that CFR takes on every day, we hope that our flies will bring some joy and comfort to those who use them.

Our tiers who have donated flies come from far and wide:

Eddie Howells
Portland, ME

Jerrry Daschofsky
Tacoma, WA

Jeff Borkowski
Wilmington, MA

Adrian Sharp
Newtown, CT

Quentin Holes
Pittsfield, MA

Ashley Strutt
Malmesbury, England

Bob Krawczyk
East Rochester, NY

Pete Laviolette
Calgary, AB Canada

Sean Hansen
Waterford, WI

Juro Mukai
Cape Cod, MA

John Desjardins
Lunenburg, MA

Phil MíDade
Edinburgh, Scotland

Hal Eckert
Oak Lawn, IL
(in memory of Ann Mucci)

Chris Hubbard
Danville, KY
(in memory of Deborah Martin)

I plan to make this fly donation an annual event within our group so that we can continue to support CFR and its objectives in the future. Itís a positive and poignant way for us to remember those who have passed on from cancer, and to help support those who struggle with it on a daily basis.

Best wishes,

Mark Dysinger
Portland, CT

---------------------

I've attached an image of the boxes that were sent....the pic doesn't really do them justice. I had to keep the image small in order to stay within our kb limits, but suffice it to say that the tiers filled two and one half double-sided 4x6 boxes. It's truly an impressive effort, one that everyone who participated should be proud of. I said it once, but I'll say it again....thank you all!!!

Adrian
06-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Nice job guys and especially Mark for pulling this together!